- The teacher chooses sites that are appropriate and relevant. These sites are then organized or bookmarked for students to access.
- The teacher designs an open-ended activity that encourages students to explore and analyze the identified website(s). Gradually, these activities can become more independent and student centered.
- Students complete the research activity.
- Students come together as a group to share their findings on the topics researched. Through this sharing, it is the hope that new questions arise and insights develop.
Benefits of Internet Workshop
- Utilizes technology and media literacy skills
- Allows students to work at their own pace while collaborating
- Easy to differentiate instruction
- Can lead into choosing topics for in-depth research