21-22 Athletic Updates & Spring Sports Information
Updated MTPS Quarantine/Isolation/Close Contact Information
As per the January 10th, 2022 NJ Department of Health's updated recommendations for extra-curricular activities in K-12 schools, MTPS will be implementing...
- For confirmed positive COVID-19 students returning "on days 6-10, limit participation in extra-curricular activities to only those activities where masks can be worn consistently and correctly."
- Students returning on days 6-10 who participate in sports that do not allow masks to be worn consistently and correctly, such as wrestling and swimming, may still attend practice/games and participate in conditioning activities as long as they wear their masks appropriately at all times.
SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION IS OPEN
- Genesis Sports Registration for the SPRING 2021-2022 seasons is now open.
- Your child must be registered before the program's first practice.
- *Once you have registered for a Spring Sport, parents can check your child's academic and physical eligibility. Click for directions.*
- Academic Eligibility will not be updated until the 2nd marking period grades have been finalized and posted on Genesis.
SPORTS SCHEDULES and NOTIFICATIONS
- Game schedules can be found on the MHS or WAMS Athletics Website by clicking on the link called “Sports Calendar.”
- If you would like updates regarding schedule changes, once on the online sports calendar website, click on “Notify Me” and sign-up for text and email notifications for your child’s team.
- The SPRING sports schedules are complete, but there still may be some minor changes before and during the season.
PHYSICAL ELIGIBLITY INFORMATION
Before registering for a physical at MHS or WAMS, you must try to get your sports physical evaluation completed by your family physician. If you cannot get an appointment with your family physician, use the google form below to register. Once registered, your appointment time will be sent to you. Your child must bring the Physical Packet to the High School or WAMS for the physical. Page 1 must be completed and signed by the student-athlete and parent. Pages 3 and 4 must have the student’s name printed at the top before handing in the packet. Your child must be on time for the appointment.
If you are not getting your physical at MHS or WAMS, please return your completed physical packet to the appropriate Main Office by 8 am on XXXXXXXX
Free Sports Physical Appointment Request
2021-2022 Student Participation Fee Information
- The fee is a one-time payment for the entire 2021-2022 school year with a family cap of $300. If you paid the fee in the Fall or Winter, you don't need to pay again.
- Students who qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program are EXEMPT from paying the Participation Fee. The form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/MTPS-FRLForm-21-22.
- The day of the first regular-season contest.
- Any student not paying the fee as of the deadline will be removed from their activity and will not be allowed to participate in any capacity until the Participation Fee has been paid.
- If a student is not selected to participate in an activity, they will receive a refund if it is the only activity the student plans to participate in during the school year. If the student is not selected, the parent must request a refund, in writing, to the building principal.
- Any participant who voluntarily chooses to leave a club, activity, or team or is dropped for disciplinary or scholastic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund after the first official date of the activity, not including the pre-season or audition period.
- If you are having technical issues with the PaySchools website, please email email@example.com for assistance.
NJSIAA ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY for High School Students
PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ACADEMICALLY ELIGIBLE FOR SPRING SPORTS AFTER THE 2ND MARKING PERIOD GRADES HAVE BEEN POSTED ON GENESIS.
- To be eligible for athletic competition during the second semester, a student must have passed 15 credits at the close of the preceding semester. Full-year courses shall be equated as one-half of the total credits to be gained for the full year to determine credits passed during the immediately preceding semester. This rule is applied to all Spring Sports.
- Seniors may be eligible in the second semester of their senior year even when 15 credits during the first semester provided they are meeting their school district’s graduation requirements and are passing all courses in which they are enrolled at the start of the first semester. Students should be cautioned not to register for the minimum credits (15) in the first semester of their senior year, since a failure of just one course will result in ineligibility in the second semester.
NJSIAA AGE & SEMESTER ELIGIBILITY for High School Students
- An athlete becomes ineligible for high school athletics if he/she attains the age of nineteen prior to September 1. However, any athlete attaining age nineteen (19) on or after September 1 shall be eligible for the ensuing school year (NJSIAA Constitution, Art. 5, Sec. 3C)
- No student shall be eligible for high school athletics after the expiration of eight consecutive semesters following his/her entrance into the 9th grade. A student becomes ineligible for high school athletics when the class in which he/she was originally enrolled has graduated.
MHS Student-Athlete and Parent Handbook
- If you have any additional questions regarding MHS spring sports, please feel free to contact me.
- If you have any additional questions regarding WAMS spring sports, contact Steve Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All program-specific questions should first be directed to the head coach.