Working to provide students with the voice and learning environment they deserve.
This week's articles/resources (12/18/2015)
Oakland Schools Student Engagement Website
This week's SJ happenings across the district/community
- Novi Meadows and Novi High School Students attended the Academy of Americas in Detroit for the annual Holiday Celebration through Bridgepointe.
- Novi High School and Interact Club wrapped gifts supplied by the Novi Rotary Club for young people in the Brightmoor area who are in need this holiday season.
- Parkview Elementary held a student Leadership Day. Student voice was the focus of this event along with demonstrating the leadership skills students have learned through the 7-Habits/Leader in Me program.
- The district Student Centered Learning Committee met to collaborate on ways to design a student centered learning culture in Novi.
- 10th Annual Unity in the Community Celebration will be held on Jan. 18th at 7:00 pm in the Novi High School Auditorium.
- A screening of Most Likely to Succeed will be held in Novi on Jan. 19th at 6:00 pm.
10th Annual Dr. King Unity in the Community Program
Monday, Jan. 18th 2016 at 7pm
24062 Taft Road
Most Likely to Succeed Novi
Tuesday, Jan. 19th 2016 at 6pm
Novi Middle School Auditorium
Parents of African American Students in Novi (PAASN)
-Orchard Hills Elementary
National Blue Ribbon Award- Novi Woods Elementary
Principal Ascher and Mayor Bob Gatt
Reviewing Data Notebooks
Students are in charge of their learning
Learning to Synergize! Leader in Me
LACO-Student Engagement Committee SMORE
Included are many great resources and information that connects to Student Engagement. The Learning Achievement Coalition-Oakland Student Engagement Committee meets monthly at Oakland Schools.