Bringing it all together
What does the research say?
Learning Target 1: I can describe the attributes of a clear learning target.
- I can identify the protagonist, theme and voice of a piece of literature. (effective?)
- I can flip a coin 100 times to determine the probability of heads. (effective?)
- I can watch a video about the causes of the civil war. (effective?)
- I can use authentic ancient Egyptian techniques to mummify a chicken. (effective?)
- I can describe how materials change when they are heated or cooled. (effective?)
Self-Check: Record your answers on the attached learning target guide. Can you describe the attributes of an effective learning target?
Learning Target 2: I can identify what the highly effective and effective use of learning targets looks like in practice as described on the teacher evaluation rubric
What are we looking for?
Please answer the following reflection question on the learning target guide:
Of the three areas that learning targets are on the teacher evaluation rubric, I am strongest in (1B standards, 1F lessons, 3C Goals). The evidence of this is:
Of the three areas that learning targets are on the teacher evaluation rubric, I have the biggest opportunities for growth in (1B standards, 1F lessons, 3C Goals). My plan to grow in this area is:
Please bring your completed learning target guide to the staff meeting on November 7, 2018.