What body system does melanoma affect?
How this illness arises?
- The sun can give you melanoma if you get lots of sunburns as a kid and it may affect you when you get older.
- Your mole may change in many ways like color, or size then you may have a risk of melanoma.
- A tanning bed, and or a tanning lamp may give you melanoma because of all the chemicals in the light.
What is the treatment?
how is this illness diagnosed?
- Older people with this disease you have a shorter survival rate of living
- Darker skinned people have a lower survival rate if they have melanoma
- lighter skinned people have a higher survial rate
Signs and Symptoms
- You may use the ABCD rule, Here's what that means.
(A) asymmetry- A mole that is not in shape, or there might be two different looking halves.
(B) border- A rough spot on the mole, or edges of the mole are unshaped not round.
(C) color- Color of the mole has changed into a pink, or black or it can change in shapes
(D) diameter- Moles that are bigger than a pencil eraser may be melanoma