Foundation for Teacher Laptop Proficiency (FTLP)
****Teachers, Counselors, Library Media Specialists, Principals and Assistant Principals (except NTO) qualify for this program****
To obtain a laptop, you must enroll & complete 6 online Moodle and 1 Face to Face Course:
- Teacher Website Creation (make sure you have a campus webpage)
- Aware: Student Documentation
- Managing Lesson Plans
- Acceptable Use Policy & Copyright
- Managing Technology Peripherals
- Office 365
- Basic Technology Troubleshooting (face to face course-you will receive an invitation by email)
Please log in to http://moodle.ectorcountyisd.org to complete the courses online
Students at Zavala learn how to utilize Skype in their classroom.
Skype in the Classroom
More Zavala students learn how to collaborate with other classrooms using Skype.
Technology in your Classroom
- Video Streaming-videos in your classroom can help students with clarity.
- Play Games-students love to play games and with resources like iPads, tablets, or computers you can keep your students involved with educational games.
- Blogging-having your students blog is a great way to allow them to showcase all of their hard work.
- Podcasts-this is a great tool for students to study or for students that were absent and are trying to catch up on work.