The Academy for Science and Health Professions at CHS
From the Headmaster...
We had a great first day!
I could tell from the smiles in the hallways that teachers and students were happy to see each other. I was able to get into most classrooms on the main campus to introduce myself, and I loved meeting the incredible students we have in The Academy!
My goal is to get to the 9th grade campus to meet the students who weren't able to be at Freshmen Orientation, and just check in with our newest Academy class. With the current parking situation at both campuses due to much-needed construction, I'm weighing the pros and cons of walking over there so I don't lose my parking spot! Please be patient with both campuses as we navigate parking challenges, construction, and our top priority of keeping your children safe!
As always, please reach out if I can be of assistance.
I have talked to many parents and students about confusion regarding Academy-specific requirements (i.e., internships, community service, explorations, etc...).
At this meeting, I hope to review and clarify these expectations, answer your questions, and get to know the families that make up The Academy.
If there are additional topics you would like for me to address, please email me at: email@example.com
Academy Parent Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 15th, 6-7pm
3200 West Davis Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
REMINDER - DUE TOMORROW - GPA Exempt Request
You can download the Remind app for your phone or sign up on the remind.com website.
To join the class your student is in, select one of these join codes based on your student's graduation year:
REDUCED COSTS for SAT/ACT/Advanced Placement Tests and more
- AP Tests- Reduced registration fee for AP tests.
- Most Sports- Free or discounted pay to participate sport fees.
- Internet Access- Eligible for discounted internet access services.
- P-EBT- Eligibility for any future P-EBT benefits for the 21-22 school year.
- College Application Fees- Discounted rate on fees associated with applying forcollege.
- School Funding- Maintains funding for student programs and services.
- School Meals- Delicious and nutritious school meals are free of charge for all students this year, but income eligibility will likely resume next school year.
An application this year will establish free or reduced price meal eligibility for the 22-23 school year.
You can submit an application online to see if your family would qualify for these discounts here: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/PickDistrict