How drugs change famous teens
Why do young celebrities get caught on drugs?
Many of these teens are in drug abuse simply because of fame. When one is surrounded by all of this attention they start to crave it even more. Another reason why these celebrities might be involved with drug use is from the stress and situations they are going through at the moment. They feel as though they are trapped and doing this is the only way out.
Facts about teen drug abuse
- It's more likely for a teen to get addicted than an adult simply because the young teen's brain has not fully developed.
- In the U.S there's approximately about 3,000 teens who try their first tobacco each day.
- A study showed that in 2008 16% of eighth graders and 29% of tenth graders were engaged in drinking
What are the effects?
- decreases the ability to pay attention
- the younger the teen is the more addictive he/she is, it'll be harder for them to stop
- when one does drugs they suffer through anxiety and hallucinations
- because of all the depression they are going through, they might think about suicide or homicide
- you can put your health on risk