What faculty are saying about the new collaborative space:
- "I noticed that the interchange between students has improved a lot with the arrangement of the computers."
- "It was really one of the greatest classes I have had and it was mostly because of the support of the technology available in the lab".
- "The new lab saved us so much time during the presentations of the research activity and made the dialogue really interesting."
View the online schedule and reserve time in the classroom today!
3 collaboration tools you can use right now in your classes
Padlet is like an online sheet of paper. More info here.
With Google maps, students can create and follow collaborative maps. More info here.
Examples of VT in language and literature courses.
Announcing: SLLC Faculty Fellows Program
DEADLINE MONDAY OCTOBER 19th
Upcoming Events of interest
WORKSHOP: Accessible Learning: What does this mean for my online course?
Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:00 to 13:30, 6137 McKeldin
As authors of instructional content, University of Maryland educators (faculty, instructors, trainers) have the responsibility to ensure that students can access and interact with all content related to course delivery. Instructors who design new courses or redesign existing courses to be hosted on ELMS must adhere to all ADA regulations and WCAG 2.0 recommendations in terms of the delivery of video, audio, graphical content, and text. This workshop will explore some of the challenges faced by instructors and students when developing and interacting with online content and introduce an "Accessible Learning" checklist to help faculty pinpoint specific content problem areas and the strategies and tools that can be used to solve them.
CITL staff is standing by ready to assist you with...
- the Canvas Gradebook & Assignments
- using the new SpeedGrader app for the iPad or Android
- creating an assignment that students can submit online
- creating a screencast of instructions for a task
- digitizing and uploading films for your courses
- editing audio or video files
- activating your Box account for on the go file access
- creating a quiz or survey in Canvas
CITL Drop in Hours Available Monday - Thursday between 9am and 7pm
Sign up here for a time that is convenient for you at http://ter.ps/citldropin
FREE Online VoiceThread workshops
VoiceThread's fall workshop line-up is here! Whether you're just learning the basics or are a seasoned VoiceThreader, there is something for you. Join us for these hands-on sessions to learn more about how VoiceThread can enhance your courses. REGISTER HERE
Basic VT Skills
- VoiceThread in Your LMS - Oct 28 at 7:00pm ET Register Here
Lesson Design Series
- Assessment - Oct 21 at 7:00pm ET
- Student Portfolios - Nov 4 at 7:00pm ET
- Game-Based Learning - Nov 18 at 7:00pm ET
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) - Nov 24 at 7:00pm ET
- Student-Led Flipped Professional Development - Dec 2 at 7:00pm ET
- VoiceThread Mobile - Dec 9 at 7:00pm ET