MSD Community Update for November 1
Haga clic en "traducir" en el lado derecho y seleccione el idioma para traducir
Last Chance to Nominate your Favorite Educator!
September Students & Staff of the Month
Thank you to everyone who submitted Halloween Photos already! Please click the button below to fill out the Google Form below if you would like to have your Halloween Photos featured in our next District Newsletter!
November 2nd, ABIS Got Talent!
November 9th, No School - NJEA Convention
November 10th, No School - NJEA Convention
November 14th - 16th, Parent Teacher Conferences
To access our live district/building calendar of events, click the calendar icon above and select the calendar of choice (under mains) to access all of your school's events.
Athletics & Activities
Are you interested in a career in education? Manville School District hiring for several positions including:
- Maintenance/custodial staff
- Anticipated: Bus Driver (up to $40 per hour)- Must have CDL
- Classroom substitutes ($140 per day)
- Substitute custodians ($20 per hour)
Follow Our Schools on Social Media
Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
As of September 25, 2023, residential households in the U.S. can order one set of #4 free at-home tests from USPS.com again. Here's what you need to know about your order:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes #4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests (COVIDTests.gov has more details about at-home tests, including extended shelf life and updated expiration dates)
- Orders will ship free starting the week of October 2, 2023
Manville Public Library's November Brochures
Attention children in grades K - 3, you can join 4-H! The Somerset County 4-H Prep/Cloverbud Program includes free, non-competitive clubs led by volunteers. Clubs typically meet 1-2x/month beginning in September/October and finishing in August at the Somerset County 4-H Fair. Attached is a list of clubs for K - 3 that have openings. For information about Somerset County 4-H and a complete list of 4-H clubs, including standard clubs for youth in grades 4 - 13, visit https://4histops.org/clubs.
4-H Science-sational Day – November 18, 2023 (9:00 AM – Noon) Grades 1 - 5
Join Somerset County 4-H for a science-sational day of learning! Focused on hands-on and interactive learning, science-sational day explores a wide variety of science topics, all presented by volunteers with a passion for sharing their love of science. Cost $35/child. Visit https://4histops.org/events to register by November 3rd.
Around the Town
The Manville Food Pantry will be open the second Saturday of each month at the Faith in Action Church at 228 S. Main Street. Please make sure to bring your ID and a bag.
Feeding Hands is also offering assistance the fourth Saturday of each month at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 34 South Third Avenue. See the flyer for dates and more details.
Somerset County's CIACC (Children's Interagency Coordinating Councils) has a number of resources available to residents.
- Disaster Recovery Case Management Free service for individuals or families with 1:1 support from a trained Disaster Case Manager that will assist in linking to resources. Case Managers also provide assistance with interactions with FEMA, insurance companies & other disaster-related resources/services. Spanish-speaking Case Managers are also available. See the flyer for more information.