MARCH 2, 2018
Reminder for Upcoming Online Registration for the 2018-19 School Year
In order to register your child(ren) for school this summer, your JMC username and password is necessary to begin the registration process. If you do not remember login information, please contact your child's school office A.S.A.P. (contact information below). School building offices are closed during the summer, so please them know right away if in need of login information.
JMC is a great source of information to stay up-to-date with your child's academics throughout the school year. Parents can utilize JMC year-round to:
- check progress reports of each child in their household
- view lunch transactions (link to www.payforit.net is available for lunch payments)
- view/print student report cards
- bus information (currently being updated)
- review student health and attendance records
- view/print student transcripts
- verify student schedules and advisors
- verify/update parent/guardian contact information
Knoxville High School Spring Musical is this weekend. Purchase tickets online at www.knoxvillehs.seatyourself.biz or in person. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 the day of the show(s).
The KCSD Wellness Team will be hosting a special screening of "Screenagers: Growing up in the Digital Age" at KPAC on March 19. This is a FREE event THANKS to our friends at Iowa State Savings Bank!
Register now for 4-year-old Preschool
Sign up early to get the session that best fits your schedule.
*The morning classes are 8:15 to 11:00, Tues.-Fri.
*The afternoon classes are 12:00-2:45, Tues.-Fri.
To register, complete these forms and return to Sue at the West Elementary Office.
- Drop off or mail to: 306 S. Park Lane, Knoxville, IA 50138
- Email: Sue.Kauzlarich@kcsd.k12.ia.us
- FAX: 641-842-6029.
Questions? Please contact Sue at 641-842-2185 opt. 1
Second Grade Sequencing
2nd graders recently learned about sequence by making a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich!
5th Graders Experience the Olympics!
Fifth graders read about the Winter Olympics as part of their daily fluency routine. They got the opportunity to use the district’s virtual reality headsets to experience the Winter Olympics. Mr. Pearson, our technology integrationist, assisted in the activity.
Virtual Reality Transports 8th Grade Language Arts Students Back in Time
Mrs. Hansen’s Pull-Out 8th grade Language Arts class will start reading “The Watsons go to Birmingham”. The students are going to be reading the story of the civil rights movement, and how it has changed the future of America. The students will be using different technology such as visual reality which is a new form of technology that the Knoxville CSD has provided to their students to enhance learning. The students are very excited about this unit and learning more about civil rights movement and using different technology to comprehend the content that is being taught.
NEWS FROM COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Knoxville Elementary Yearbook
- Custom Yearbooks: Every student gets a one of a kind printed copy containing two free pages to customize with personal photos.
- Green Yearbooks: TreeRing plants a tree in our school’s name when you purchase a book and prints on recycled paper.
- Beautiful Yearbooks: All yearbooks are gorgeously printed in full color using the highest end print production available
The cost of your personalized yearbook is $18 and the money spent will assist PTO in funding field trips and other items for your children. The final sale date is April 15th and you can customize 2 pages for FREE. If you customize, you’ll receive a standard yearbook and the cost is the same.
YOU CAN PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR Northstar & West Elementary YEARBOOK BY CLICKING HERE. Buy one for per child or for your elementary kids to share.
Sarah Adams, Knoxville Elementary PTO
Click on this heading to view the academic calendar for the 2018-2019 school year.