BEA Rep Council Update
May 16th, 2016
Main Discussion Points at Current Meeting
BEA Contract Ratification
Please check your boxes for your ballots to ratify the BEA Contract. Voting dates are May 19th & 20th. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT UNLESS YOU ALSO SIGN THE SIGNATURE SHEET. This will be available at my desk with a folder to drop your ballots in. You can do both even if I am not present.
A tentative agreement has been reached for the 2016-17 school year. Here are some of the highlights:
- Increase salaries 3% on the base (this includes classified)
- Fund the 20% increase in insurance costs, at no cost to the employee --$608 per month
- Salary Schedule 2015-16
- Salary Schedule 2016-17
- We encourage employees to turn earned credits in as soon as possible for District reimbursement and advancement through the salary schedule
Additional Contract Items
- Employees may accumulate up to 7 days of personal leave (includes classified)
- Maternity leave may be extended up to 12 weeks of consecutive leave
- 6 or 8 weeks as prescribed by a doctor, plus up to 6 weeks of sick leave dependent upon the amount of sick leave an employee has accumulated
- Aug 18 - 1/2 building, 1/2 district - Start Date
- Aug 19 - Flex Day
- Aug 22 - 1/2 District, 1/2 Teacher
- Aug 23 - 1/2 building, 1/2 Teacher
- Oct 6 - Required Professional Development/District-sponsored Super Conference
- Feb 17 - Non-Contract (non-work) Day
Results of Joint Committees
Report Card Committees
- Two additional 1/2 days for report card preparation (Oct. 28th & May 26)
- Joint Committee formed to revise elementary report card
- Elimination of Secondary Progress Reports
- Developed Boise School District PLC Guidelines
- Restoration of lost prep time
- PLC time moved out of lunch
- Increased opportunities for students to receive extension/remediation services
- If you are also interested in Payroll Deduction, contact Randi Sinclair (Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Reminder that your dues cannot be used for any political action, so if you would like to donate to PACE, please contact Allison Bigham (chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FLEX! What is a Flex Spending Account? A FSA is a special account you use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care and/or day are expenses. You don't pay taxes on this money. That means you'll save an amount equal to the taxes you would have paid on the money you set aside. Click here for the flyer and more information.
- Spring Open Enrollment for benefits began Monday, May 16th and will be open until June 15th. Check for the email from the district and follow the instructions to sign up for your regular benefits. Make sure you check out the information above on FLEX, as you can sign up for it during Open Enrollment.
- We had some great socials and picnics that helped increase our membership by 10+ members! We hope to see some ESP at the Summer Institute this summer as there are several classes geared specifically for classified.
- If you are interested in joining or helping the PR Committee, please contact Amanda Shindle (email@example.com).