We Are Together Tamanend!
May 20, 2013
Tigers Travel to Trenton Thunder
Relay for Life 2013
Interim Progress Reports
Memorial Day Parade
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Got R o A R?
Matt W. was nominated for RoAR Recognition for his RESPONSIBILITY by Mrs. Wilhelm.
David L. was nominated for RoAR Recognition by Miss Roth for his AHCIEVEMENT.
Anthony H. was nominated by Mrs. Gamble for RoAR Recognition for his ACHIEVEMENT.
CBSD Board Briefs
At the May 14, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the CB West Chamber Choir performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Crotzer’s 2nd grade Barclay class.
2. Recognized Donna Radice, Certified School Nurse at Holicong Middle School, for being named PA School Nurse of the Year. Also recognized four students for winning an Aramark sponsored Nutrition poster contest for National Nutrition Month in March. The students are:
- K-3 Madison Gordon – Warwick Elementary
- 4-6 Sarah Hicks – Doyle Elementary
- Middle Steven Song – Tohickon
- High Grace Lenart – CB South
3. Heard the Academic Spotlight about Hearing Support Services by Jane Curtis and Jean Marie Perry. Ms. Curtis and Mr. Perry provide hearing support to our students with hearing impairments. These students require services to address needs primarily in the area of language arts, communication, accessing public and private accommodations and the use of assistive technologies designed for individuals with deafness or hearing impairment.
4. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Communications, Curriculum, and Human Resources Committee Reports.
5. Approved the School Board Minutes.
6. Approved Construction Contracts as follows:
7. Contract to S & H Landscaping to replace the parking lot, entrance drives, and student drop off loops at Pine Run Elementary School in the amount of $828,185.
8. Tabled School Board Policy #217 – Graduation Requirements, School Board Policy #217.3 – Awarding of Credit-Other Educational Experience, School Board Policy #302 – Employment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent, and School Board Policy #312 – Performance Assessment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent so that the proposed policies can be posted on the CBSD website.
9. Approved School Board Policy #210 – Use of Medications and the School Board Policy for Electronic Signatures.
10. Approved various personnel items, student trips, Foreign Exchange Student at CB West, Adoption of Courses of Study, Adoption of Textbooks and Staff Workshops. Included in the personnel items were the appointments of the following principals:
- Jason Bucher – Principal, Central Bucks High School – West
- David Bolton – Principal, Holicong Middle School
- Tim Donovan – Principal, Lenape Middle School
- Christina Lang – Principal, Unami Middle School
11. Received a Sabbatical Leave of Absence, Student Activities Quarterly Reports, and Board Calendar as information items.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- This summer, Tamanend students and staff will read Wonder for one of their two summer reading books. For more information, click here.
- When buying food at school, students need to "swipe or type" their PIN. Warrington Township Police Department has asked that we remind everyone of the school speed limit of 15 mph during our arrival and dismissal times: 6:55-7:40 a.m. and 2:15-3:00 p.m..
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.