Eagle's Eye Newsletter
August 22, 2019
We Learn in order to Serve
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in both morning and afternoon carline. The efficiency and speed of carline will continue to improve as everyone becomes comfortable with the procedures. A couple important reminders to assist with carline:
- Absolutely no students should get out of their cars outside the gate during morning carline.
- All students should be dropped off and picked up in carline.
- All parents are asked to remain in their cars during both morning and afternoon carline.
- Gates remain closed throughout the day to ensure the safety and security of all students. Gates will not open for afternoon dismissal until 2:40pm. You can help by not arriving to campus until after 2:40pm. Additionally, cars waiting outside the gate should form two lines for both morning and afternoon carline.
- When exiting the school parking lot, consider turning LEFT onto Unity Way. You can access 1st Street by turning left onto Unity Way and then right.
- Remember that cars are not permitted to turn left from Unity Way onto Avenue M NW. Please follow posted signs. Police officers will be present to issue tickets.
Information and forms are going home in the white envelope today for our Walk-a-thon. This is a major fundraiser for PTO, and we are looking for everyone’s support.
Pelicans Spirit Night
Thank you to all who came out to our Pelicans Spirit Night last Friday night.
School picture day is Tuesday, August 27th. Everyone should have received information about ordering pictures in last week’s white envelope. Remember, students wear their mass uniforms for pictures.
FIRST LEGO League Robotics Team Information Meeting
Where? The Nest
Who? Students in grades 4-8
Please note that meetings will be on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30 to 4:30. Only 12 students will be allowed to participate. There will be an application that Mrs. Harrison and Mrs. Pierce will review.
Concert Choir Auditions
Elementary - Wednesday 8/28 or 9/4 at 3:00 PM
in the choir room
Blessing the Classrooms
Father Jimson and Father Rony were on campus last week to bless all students, teachers/staff, and classrooms.
RenWeb is our new Student Information System. This is the program we use to keep information about our students, gradebook, parent access to grades, etc. You can access Renweb on the News and Information page of the school website or you can download the Renweb apps for your phone. The district code you will need is stjc-fl. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Reilly at Jreilly@stjosephwhschool.org.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!
We have almost made it through our first full week of school! We want to say thank you to everyone for choosing St. Joseph for your child’s education. We like to keep everyone informed of the PTO events throughout the year, and communicate anything we think may help you day to day here at SJCS.
Today you will be receiving information about our first Walk-A-Thon held by our PTO. All proceeds handed in to the office will go directly to our school. We do not have a company representing us, but we do have a website helping for those far away that want to contribute.
Our event is different than in the past, because we will have stations for the children set up in the morning outside, in the gym, and Parish Center. We will rotate between them on September 6th and keep them active. There will not be any “laps” counted as in the past.
If you have any questions, please contact the front office and they will direct you.
We look forward to seeing you all on our First PTO meeting on September 10th at 6pm.
Have a great rest of your week!
O Blessed Joseph, faithful guardian of my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, protector of Mary, the virgin Mother of God, I choose you this day to be my special patron and advocate and I firmly resolve to honor you all the days of my life. Therefore I humbly ask you to receive me as your client, to instruct me in every doubt, to comfort me in every affliction, to obtain for me and for all the knowledge and love of the Heart of Jesus, and finally to defend and protect me at the hour of my death.
St. Joseph Catholic School
Pastor: Rev. Jimson Varghese, S.D.V.
Diocese of Orlando Superintendent of Schools: Mr. Henry Fortier