Preschool-5th Grade Update
AUGUST 2, 2020
The First Day of School is Right Around the Corner!
As we approach our 2020-2021 school year, we want to assure you that students will be supported 100% along the way of our Catholic Online Synchronous Learning.
To further assist you, we will be holding an orientation and pick-up night. This orientation will provide all parents with the information and schedule of our Online Synchronous Learning Program.
OLPH Staff and Faculty are working hard to take the teaching out of the parent’s hands and place it back into the educators of OLPH. In order to do this, we will need the support of all parents. We encourage every student to have an environment that promotes optimal learning. Parents can help their child succeed with that environment by doing the following:
- Designate a quiet space for your student to work from
- Eliminate distractions, including turning off extra devices
- Follow the class schedule
- Have all supplies that are necessary to learn prior to class
- Set a nightly routine to be ready for school the next morning, charging their electronic device, etc.
- Utilize the extra resources available for assistance (any tutoring or office hours provided by teachers)
- Keep an open line of communication with teachers
There will be further information sent out as we gear up to begin our school year, be sure to check your emails! *This will include the school calendar and a supply list of items students will need at home.
As always, feel free to reach out to us if you should have any questions.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEBER:
17 -School Office opens Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
19 -New Parents’ & Preschool/TK/Kinder. Orientation 6:30pm-7:30pm on site lunch table area
20 -1st-5th Grade Orientation- 6:00-6:45pm on site lunch table area
20 -Middle School Orientation- 7:00pm-7:45pm on site lunch table area
For on-site orientation we ask that only one parent attends in order to allow the maximum capacity of 100 attendees. Please wear a mask. Seats will be distanced.
24 -FIRST DAY OF Catholic Online Synchronous Learning for Preschool-8th, MINIMUM DAY 12 Noon
28 -Minimum Day, 12 Noon, Faculty Meeting
WELCOME BACK ANGELS!