Parent Newsletter - December 2nd, 2019
Family Resources from the CDA
Lunch Menu for Dec 2 - Feb 7
Illness at Preschool
It's the time of year our preschoolers may become sick with a cold and or flu. Please keep your child home when they are contagious with an illness such as fever, vomit, or diarrhea for a period of 24-hours symptom free.
Families can also help reduce the spread of germs by reinforcing at home our preschool hand washing steps. The 6 steps are:
- Get hands wet
- Get soap
- Lather hands for 20 seconds
- Rinse all soap off
- Dry hands
- Turn the faucet off with a paper towel
Check out the poster below to help your kids be a germ-buster too!
Please Sign Your Child In Everyday
- Please label all outer clothing as cool mornings turn into hot days
- On that note, please dress your children appropriately for the hot weather
- Make sure to check backpacks each night for important communication or classroom work
- Let us know if your child will need a lunch 24 hours ahead of time
- Fill out an absence request form every time your child is out.
- Please label everything…backpacks, water bottles, lunch boxes and any containers inside, and clothing.
- Specify if there are separate meals (breakfast, snack, lunch…please label which is which).
- Please have your child wash their hands upon arrival in the classrooms. THANKS!
Miss Zulya, Miss Eileen & Miss Patty
Annual Check-Ups during the school year?
PLEASE NOTE- Preschool requirements are as follows:
- If an exam has been preformed within one year of our preschool start date, anytime between August 22, 2018 and August 22, 2019, you are up to date.
- Current immunization requirements can be found online and any students who have not completed their full series of shots must have a signed doctor's exemption or explanation of delay.
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant II