PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
SHS STAFF - Week of January 20, 2020
JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT...GET TO PLANNING!
"Rep Your College" Door Contest!
WHEN - Judging will take place January 31, 2020, @ 1:00 PM
- This competition has been designed to engage school staff and students in activities that promote positive community engagement, as well as college and career access and success.
We encourage all SHS faculty and staff to participate.
Winning a prize is determined solely based on the highest scores achieved under the Judging Criteria (as defined below). Judges will review each Entry and three winners will be selected based on a composite score using the following criteria:
- Originality ( 50%) - Originality will be judged based on the uniqueness, inventiveness, creativity and original thought of the door creation.
- Workmanship (30%) - Workmanship will be judged based on the quality, neatness, and attention to detail given in creating the door decoration that represents your alma mater.
- Use of Information (20%) – As the door is decorated, consider the facts about your alma mater that would convince students to attend!
- You may share a door with a fellow faculty member.
S.O.A.R. - Sanger Outstanding Achievement Recognition
Indian Walks! - FEBRUARY 5, 2020
SHOW, DON'T TELL - When you tell rather than show, you simply inform your reader of information rather than allowing them to deduce anything. Showing would paint a picture the reader could see in her mind's eye. Please encourage students to show, don't tell!
FEEDBACK - We will do our best to leave a sticky note on each sample displayed at the next Indian Walks.
The next Indian Walks is February 5, 2020.
Congratulations, Mrs. Jones, on being named Teacher of the Month!
Nuts and Bolts
Update - The district is asking all teachers to survey their students through a behavior screener. It should not take longer than 10 minutes and does not involve students, only your thoughts on individual student behavior. I will keep you posted as we get closer to the screening window!
Restrooms - We are asking all teachers to help us during passing periods by walking into restrooms. Just a quick visit to keep our students on the up and up!
Watch A Pro - Please turn in the form for the first semester by January 24, 2020. (no exceptions).
- No School
- Basketball vs Melissa @ Melissa, 5:00 PM
- DATCU Reality Fair
- DATCU Reality Fair
- Girls Powerlifting @ Gainesville
- Football Banquet @ 6:00 PM
- End of Three-Week Grading Period
- SOAR Awards Assembly During Tribe Time in Auditorium
- Basketball vs Gainesville @ SHS, 5:00pm
- MR. SHS @ 7:00 PM in Auditorium
- "Rep Your College" Door Contest Judging @ 1:00 PM