The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of September 30, 2019
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Sep. 30th, 8am
- Special Areas & BSI: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
- Staff Wellness: Don't forget about our After-School Sweat Sessions w/Ms. Giroux! They will take place right after dismissal in room D-5. Stop by her office at any time for details!
Math Fact Fluency Data DUE
Monday, Sep. 30th, 3pm
- This data will be utilized for our SGO's (classroom teachers). Please start working on your forms. Gr1 & 2 will be focusing on addition for this year’s SGO’s.
International Club & Choir STARTS
Tuesday, Oct. 1st, 3pm
Youth Alliance Assembly
Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 9:30am
- Don't forget about our Youth Alliance Family Night is today well! The fun begin at 6:00 PM in the Bullock Gym!
Gr1 Team Meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 3pm
- SEL Activities
- Read Aloud PLT Presentation
- Recess Review
- NSF in Guided Reading
Thursday, Oct. 3rd, 8:30am
Friday, Oct. 4th, 9am-2pm
Small Conference Room
News & Notes
ESL & Read Alouds: Ms. Johnson will be focusing on supporting our read alouds during ESL time this year. If you have ELL's in your classroom, please utilize the same texts during the same weeks so that everything will be aligned. If you have any questions, just let me know!
- Gr2: Adams, Budney, Scharnagl
- Gr3: Applegate/Aird & Alleman/Bernstiel
October & SGO's: October is here, and with that we will need to finalize our SGO's. Please start working on your tiers and scoring plans. I will be setting up a schedule to meet with individuals & we plan on making SGO development a part of the 10/11 inservice.
- Gr1: DIBELS NWF-CLS & Addition Fact Fluency
- Gr2: DIBELS ORF & Addition Fact Fluency
- Gr3: MAP (ELA & Math)
Math Facts, Bulletin Boards & Back-to-School Night: I am very excited to highlight our grade level math fact fluency initiatives at Back-to-School Night (bubblegum math, rocket math & fact karate)! I would like to see a bulletin board in each hallway to feature this. Stop in if you want to brainstorm some ideas and to let me know where each will be located. I wanted to show pics in my PowerPoint.
Gr1 is organizing their personal narratives!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
Gr3 peer feedback/coaching in Mr. Aird's class!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
BOOM! Shout-outs from the Staff!
- Thank you Budney and Scharnagl for reading the story with your class to help them understand how to be inclusive and good friends! We really have noticed a difference in specials!
- Amy – thank you for saving my life from the attack spider! – Amanda
- Steph – awesome meeting on Monday! Thanks for being so proactive to meet a student’s needs – Amanda
- Nina – thank you for your support and translating for a student’s family – Amanda
- Joan – thanks for all you do – Amanda
- Much gratitude to Jackie, Laure, and Sarah for collaborating with me on such short notice! Rona
- Shout out to Carl for putting together the trip to Duffields Farm!
- Shout out to EVERYONE in Bullock for getting through almost a whole month of school already! We got this everyone! -Jenna
- Andrea, Jackie, and Danielle – your hard work is not going unnoticed. Thank you for everything you do to support your students.
- Lynn- you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
- Perry- Thank you for adding some decorations to my book boats!
- Shout out to all Grade 3 teachers for their hard work launching the MAP Assessment Tool!
- Thanks for all your help…Mrs. Fanfarillo and Mrs. Albarouki! You help make our days go smooth!
- Thanks for noticing my kids in the hall, Andi!
THANK YOU to all of our guest readers who signed up to celebrate Latino culture through literacy for our Second Annual Hispanic Heritage Celebration Read-In. Special SHOUT OUT to Officer Hoinkis and Nicole for filling in.
Budney, thank you for organizing our schoolwide trip to Fossil Park!
Thank you to Ms. Castro for organizing an AMAZING Hispanic Heritage Read-in!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 09/30: New Teacher Academy (w/Mrs. Sochor)
- 10/02: Gr1 Team Meeting
- 10/03: Class Pictures
- 10/04: CAST Meetings
- 10/07: Week of Respect (10/7-10/10)
- 10/09: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 10/10: Back-to-School Night
- 10/11: School Closed (Teacher Inservice)
- 10/12: School Closed (Columbus Day)
- 10/16: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 10/17: CAST Meetings
- 10/21: New Teacher Academy (w/Mrs. Sochor), F&P Window OPENS
- 10/25: Star Student Luncheon
- 10/28: Special Areas Meeting
- 10/31: Halloween Parade (1:30)