Oppe Dolphin News
Monthly Family Newsletter ~ November 2021
A Look Ahead into NOVEMBER...
- Picture Retakes - Friday, Nov. 5th
- 3rd 9 Wks Progress Report available on Skyward - Wed, Nov. 10th
- Pre-K Field Trip to the Wildlife Park - Friday, Nov. 12th
- 4th Grade Planting Coastal Prairie Grass at Oppe (Artist Boat) - Nov. 15 & 16
- Oppe Cafeteria Thanksgiving Lunch (students and staff only) - Wed, Nov. 17th
- THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY - Nov. 22 - 26
Don't Throw that Wrapper Away!
It’s that time again for the Unwrap the Waves candy wrapper recycling contest! Oppe families and staff will be collecting candy wrappers to be fully recycled and used to make school supplies. So start collecting wrappers at home now, and bring them to school Nov. 3rd - Nov. 5th. Last year, Oppe received FIRST PRIZE after collecting nearly 9,500 candy wrappers and proudly won the honor of naming a sea turtle patient Galvez!
How many wrappers will we save from the landfill this year?
New Playground? YES, please!
Greta's Garden Needs Waterers!
** OCTOBER WAS SPOOKTACULAR **
Teach a Kid to Fish Program
Red Ribbon Week
Keep Our Seas Plastic Free- Bottlecap Mural
Oppe Robotics is Off to Regionals
The Oppe Robotics team is heading to REGIONALS after bringing home the Excellence and Skills awards in their first tournament of the year on Oct. 30th. Special thanks goes out to our dedicated Robotics leaders, Galveston ISD Texas ACE after school program, Ball High Robotics, and all the families who took time out of their busy weekend to show their support. It takes a village!
Showing Off our SRSD Writing Skills!
** IMPORTANT REMINDERS & LINKS **
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- Doors open at 8:00am
- Students are tardy at 8:15am
- Please do not walk your child up to the crosswalk through the teacher parking lot
- Do not block teacher parking lot entrance when waiting in drop-off car line
- Use the colored name plaque when picking up your child (walk-up & drive-thru)
- Please don't ring doorbell to pick your child up after 3:30.
Nurse Evans' News
- Keep child home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Report any COVID-19 positive test results to Nurse Evans at AngeliaEvans@gisd.org and your child's teacher.