Week of January 11th
Health and Wellness
Your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential information and counseling service provided as a free benefit to you by the Plano ISD Employee Benefit Plan. All full-time employees and members of their households may qualify for up to six EAP counseling sessions per person per problem per year.
The EAP can help with situations such as anxiety, stress, marital or relationship issues, family problems, alcohol and/or drug abuse, depression, grief, and work-related concerns. They will help determine the assistance you need and provide the name of a local licensed counselor with expertise in the area of your need.
They can also prepare personalized Resource Guides on a variety of topics - vacation planning, special events such as weddings, child care, elder care, moving, pet care, education, finding housing, and many more. The Guidance Resources number is 1-800-272-7255.
With the start of a new calendar year, we often begin to think about taxes, W2 forms and other financial matters we may want to change for the new year. Three points to be aware of for 2016:
1. W2 – option to receive W2 electronically – TEAMS Employee Service Center
2. Universal Availability 403(b) and 457
· See attached notice for 2016 regarding availability to participate in the district sponsored 403(b) and 457 plan. A listing of investment providers in the district’s plan is on page 2 of the attachment.
3. Mileage Reimbursement Rate Change
· Effective January 1, 2016 the IRS reduced the business mileage reimbursement rate to $0.54 per mile for 2016. In order to stay in compliance with IRS regulations for an accountable plan, we must reduce the reimbursement rate effective immediately. We usually do not change the reimbursement rate during a fiscal year, but since it is a rate reduction, we must comply with the new regulation.
Lunch Duty: Week of January 11
Make sure you are stationed at your assigned duty area during lunch. Those assigned to the E Hall will ensure students are not leaving trays or trash on the floor. I will notify students if they will have outside access through Remind.
January 12th 8:25 and 4:25
Avoid logging on to personal social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc) using district computers during instructional time.
The first 10 and last 10 minutes of class is very important. No hall passes during the those times. Over the last couple of days students are being sent out of class to use the restroom.