Beacon Light Kiddie University
"Where the Light of Knowledge Shines on Every Child"
Beacon Light Students are a head above the rest!
Students Academic Activity Schedule
Language Development skills:
- Phonics: Letters for this week are Yy, and Zz. Students will write letters learned in phonics Upper and lower case.
- Blends: Students are sounding blends and one-vowel words. One-vowel rule, Marking short vowels. Student are writing sentences and learning punctuation marks.
- Reading skills: Student are learning their Primary Sight words.
- Emergent Readers Circle: level (2) short "o", My Frog Spot by Summer Jackson
- Sight Words: my,can,on,a,in,the,he,and,that,is
- Vocabulary words: frog,Spot,hop,hops,rock,log,pond,stop,last
- Handwriting and Fine Motor skills: Students will practice writing their letters, blends, and words. Students will write their full names. Begin Capital letters (A,T)
- Penmanship is something that each child develops at Beacon Light. This term we are building on basic writing skills and adding cursive writing. Cursive is introduce based on developmental levels.
- Shapes recognition. Student are drawing their basic shapes.
- Number: Students will continue to build on their number writing skills.
- Each child must be able to count from 1-120 by end of school year, and recognize each number in and out of order.
- Number Regrouping: Student are working now on several math skills such as; less than/ more than skills, size difference, patterns ,and sequence. Beginning addition practice. Workbooks include: Kumon and Scholastic
- Measurement: Students are learning how to measure inches and feet.
- Telling Time: Student will learn how to tell time on a digital and analog clock. Worksheets are done to enhance this practice.
- Money: Counting coins; pennies, nickles,dimes and quarters.
- Color Words: Students write and spell color words.
- Visual perception, Opposites, Or Classifying worksheets will be on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Books of the Bible and Scripture for the week: Every morning the children go over there books of the Bible and scripture for the month.
- Scripture: Matthew 6: 9-13, " In this manner, therefore, pray: Our father in heaven, Hollowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day or daily bread. And forgive us or debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen".
- Bible story: Jesus teaches his disciples to pray.
- Science: Lesson on All about Spring.
Get connected to BeaconLight Kiddie University
Beacon Light is Registered Family home with a private school culture. For the last 16 years Mrs Johnson and made sure that each child in her care leaves with a well rounded academic, spiritual, and social development, which empowered them to succeed.