Skype In The Classroom
Technology is allowing us to connect with others as never before, and
classrooms can now take part in this exciting adventure. In this session, we will
demonstrate strategies to help teachers successfully use Skype through their
Office365 account to bring the outside world in to their building. Learn how to
play a Mystery Skype game with a classroom across the country, invite a guest
speaker in to discuss your topic first hand, or take a virtual field trip to a new
land. All of these and more are available with the click of a button. Come find
- Go to this site https://education.microsoft.com/skype-in-the-classroom/overview and select Join Now at the top right
- Select Office 365 to join
- Open the Skype One Note Class notebook. Check your email and select the link was sent this morning.
- Learn the basics of Mystery Skype to improve student engagement, digital literacy and critical thinking skills all while having fun!
- Encourage and capture classroom collaboration.
- Join Skype in the Classroom to find transformation learning experiences.
- Use the resources in the Skype notebook to organize and record your global connections.
- Find guest speakers and virtual field trips without leaving the classroom
4 Guiding PLC Questions
- What is it we want our students to learn?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
Task 1: Join Skype in the Classroom with your Office 365 Account
Task 2: Mystery Skype
- Assign Roles
- Participate in Mystery Skype
Task 3: Mystery Skype Reflection and Skype Q and A
- Mystery Skype resources are posted in the Class Notebook
- Questions for the teacher?
- How do I get started with Skype?
How do I get started?
- Follow-up with your tech coach to test Skype on your computer. You can enter a work request if you do not have Skype installed (school initials @rcschools.net)
- Skype 2016 is needed for best results.
- Web Cam
- Visit this site to get started https://education.microsoft.com/skype-in-the-classroom/overview
- Skype with the contact before you include the students in a Skype call. We must keep students SAFE!
- Check out this teacher's website and Mystery Skype Tipshttp://psolarz.weebly.com/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-mystery-skype-session.html
Skype Setup and Settings (watch me)
- Open Skype 2016 and login with Office 365
- Hide location in Profile
- Add Skype contact as contact in email
- How to Skype call