Wednesday, April 24, 2019
GRANDPARENTS' DAY 2019
Grandparents’ Day 2019 is scheduled for THURSDAY, May 2 (T/TH Prek-8th grade). Invitations have been sent to the addresses of our grandparents that were given to us with your enrollment form.The day will start with worship with the elementary students in the elementary gym at 9:00 am. West campus bands, orchestras and choirs will be performing later in the morning in the west campus gym beginning at 11:15 am. We look forward to seeing our grandparents and special friends!
We also need volunteers! Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help so far. We could use a couple of more hosts on Grandparents' Day at the elementary. A little bit of your time could really help us to make the day special for our guests! Here is how you can help. We need:
- Volunteers willing to host the event, includes welcoming and directing our guests, as well as keeping the coffee tables stocked, and help with clean up.
Please use this link to sign up to help! It's always a fun day! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4fa8ab2fa5f94-grandparents1
ANNUAL SOCIETY MEETING
The Legacy Christian School Society will conducts it's annual meeting at 7:00 pm, on Monday, May 13, 2019. The meeting will take place in the west campus commons. A printed agenda will be sent home to every school family on or before April 26. Printed agendas for other interested society members will be available in either school office. Society members must be over 18 years of age and accept the basis, purpose, and objective of the school society. Members must also either be parents of children currently attending the school or church members who contribute not less than $10 per year to the school and faithfully support it.
APPLY FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR 2019-20
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
- IPOD Worship - April 24 - Mrs. Lyzenga NEXT: May 1 - Mrs. Hoekzema
- WC Worship - April 24 - Student/Singing NEXT: MAY 1 - Small Groups
- 8th grade students should return their white LCS polo shirts to the music room. 7th grade students may keep their shirt unless a change in size is anticipated.
- SCHS will provide $20 sports physicals at SCHS on Tuesday, May 7, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. (If necessary, we will wait until 9:00 pm for our away teams to get back.)
· In order to participate in athletics during the 2019-2020 school year, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) requires a physical after April 15, 2019.
· Student athletes will not be able to try out, practice, or compete unless the physical is completed and the form is on file in the office. We are also planning on offering a Summer/Fall session again this year. That date will be Monday, Aug. 5.
ELEMENTARY NEWS AND NOTES
- Weekly Worship - April 26 - Grandparents' Day Rehearsal
Next Worship - May 3 - No worship due to GP day worship on May 2
- Last day for Running Club is this Thursday, April 25!
- Please note - the date for the Amway Junior Run is Wednesday, May 8. The flyer that was sent home was incorrect. Register at amwayriverbankrun.com.
- This Thursday, April 25, the Legacy Board is providing our staff with a special lunch. If you have a child in the following classes please use this link to sign up to cover these teachers for lunch (11:40-12:00 pm) so they can enjoy their lunch! Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054ea4a82cab9-thursday4
ORDER YOUR 2018-2019 LEGACY YEARBOOK!
SUMMER STUDY SKILLS
Reminder - Summer study skills orders are due this Friday, April 26. The Summer Skills Parent Letter/Order form is attached to the newsletter and also available in either school office. Please review this attachment for further details and return any orders to either school office by Friday, April 26, 2019. Cost is $19. Please make check payable to LCS. Samples of all the books are available to download from www.summerskills.com.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE
APRIL 25 - HUDSONVILLE - AWAY
APRIL 30 - HERITAGE - HOME
MAY 2 - CALVIN (2) - AWAY
MAY 3 - BYRON CENTER - HOME
APRIL 25 - MOLINE - HOME
APRIL 29 - JENISON - HOME
APRIL 30 - DUTTON - AWAY
MAY 1 - HOLLAND CHR. - AWAY
APRIL 25 - BYRON CENTER - HOME
APRIL 30 - HERITAGE - HOME
MAY 2 - DUTTON - AWAY
MAY 3 - HUDSONVILLE - HOME
TENNIS - (5:00 pm unless noted)
APRIL 24 -- CALVIN CHR. - HOME (SCHS)
MAY 7 -- NORTHPOINTE CHR. - AWAY (5:30)
MAY 9 -- CALVIN CHR. - AWAY
Cash and Carry is open on Thursdays from 7:45-10:00 am, at the west campus.
If you want information on how TRIP works or how to sign up for TRIP, please contact Melody Newhouse (243-6472) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under “Current Parents” heading, then click on “TRIP”.
IT'S BACK! The 2019 Colgate/Meijer playground challenge has just started. While we can't win the grand prize again, we can win up to $750 in Meijer gift cards. Prizes are awarded to the top 9 schools, last year we ended up in 11th place and didn't win anything. So let's get busy and bring some prizes home to LCS!
What can you do? VOTE for Legacy every day. You can vote once a day per email address. Here is the link: https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/contests/colgatemeijerplayground2019
Each oral care item that we send in during the contest also counts as a vote. What can we send in? ANY and ALL brands of toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothbrush and toothpaste tube outer packaging, floss containers, floss picks and mouthwash bottles.
MOMS IN PRAYER
Join us this Friday at 8:45 to pray for our school and students. This week will pray for the following specific staff and board members: Heather Quist, Tammy Vredevoogd, Crys VanBeek and Ben VanderMeyden. As always, you are welcome to submit prayer requests anytime to Gina Huizingh at email@example.com.
FAMILIES BEING PRAYED FOR THIS WEEK BY LEGACY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Prayer is a powerful gift! LCS has always been able to pray for requests as they arise. Our school has also decided to lift up families weekly in prayer. For the remainder of the school year please read which families are being covered in prayer. During that week each student will receive a prayer tag for them to keep and remember they are being covered in extra prayers.
Paul & Stacy Schutter - Matt - 7th, Jackson - Prek
- Octavio & Rocio Sepulveda - Eva - 6th, Eneli - 3rd, Eleanor - Kdgn
- Brandon & CreeAnn Shaffer - Hartlee - Prek
- Chistopher & Amy Sharp - Isabella - 6th, Jeremiah - 3rd
- Matt & Holly Sherman - Matilyn - Prek
- Ray & Jamie Short - Raegan - 6th, Madison - DK
- Kyle & Christa Snyder - Kylee - Prek
- Gerrit & Stephanie Sonke - Aria - Kdgn
Mrs. Sinnema's Art Camp is back this summer! Join us for some Art Camp fun! More
information on the camp and what fun things we will be doing is on the parent Facebook
page as well as Mrs. Sinnema's Facebook! Email to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dates are as follows:
June 17-21, 5th-8th, 10:00 am-1:00 pm at WC $70
June 24-28, K-2nd, 9:30-11:00 am at Elem $50
June 24-28, 3rd-4th, 12:00-2:00 pm at Elem $60
*more info on what we will be doing at camp is on the parent Facebook page as well as
Mrs. Sinnema’s Facebook! *email to sign up! email@example.com
Youth Summer Stock auditions Saturday, May 4 (10:00 am) and Monday, May 6 (6:30 pm) for our production of "Stuart Little" We need 24 or more students. Also, Camp dates for this summer are July 8-19, Monday-Friday, from 8:50 am to 2:30 pm. For more info call 616-455-1001 or check our website at www.masterarts.org.
The SC Robotics Team will be having an Open House on Monday, May 6, at 7:00 pm, at South Christian High School. Any interested middle school students and parents are invited to attend. Refreshments will be provided and "Ernie", the robot, will be demonstrated.
Summer TENNIS Camps! Sailor Youth Tennis camps will again be available for kids exiting grades K-4. The sessions are June 17-21 OR July 8-12 at the SCHS Sports Park. **Coach Klaasen has a separate form for Middle & High schoolers, for evenings the week of June 17-21. Please use that session for your older students. Details, contact and registration info is available at either school office or go to www.southchristiansports.com, under Programs and Camps. Contact Jayne Boerman with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brookside Christian Reformed Church is seeking a full time Welcome Center Administrative Assistant. This role includes providing a welcoming atmosphere, ready assistance and direction to all who contact Brookside in person, by phone or email. This person will also be responsible for assisting the staff and key volunteers in the secretarial responsibilities of their work. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 26, 2019.