Egyptians- Ancient Civilization is around 3000 B.C
Ancient Egypt has impacted history in many ways. One way is the Great Pyramid of Giza, it is over 481 feet and overlooking the Statue of Liberty and Big Ben. It is known as one of the 7 wonders of the world. Egyptians lived in the most advanced civilization the world had known. Women made jewelry and wigs, men boxed fenced and wrestled while the kids played board games, dolls, and other toys. They were big inventors, inventing stuff that we still use today, from fashion to agriculture.
- The women invented eye makeup which is used a lot today
- They made hieroglyphics (pictures that stood for words)
- They made papyrus (paper) that was mostly used for scrolls.The same material used for sheets, sails, sandals, and mats.
- They invented the calender to keep track of the annual Nile River flood.
- Egyptians made the plow by attaching "scratch plows" to oxen.
- They invented breath mints.
- Bowling was first inspired by them even though they played it a different way.
- They invented the Door Lock.
- Toothbrushes made from frayed ends of twigs and toothpaste.