Which boils pasta faster?
Salt water or regular water?
5 Cups of water for each pot stove
1 TSP. of Sea Salt
1/4 box of spaghetti noodles
1. First, I got two pots for each experiment.
2. I put 5 cups of room temperature tap water into the first pot and then 1 TSP. of sea salt.
4. I then took half of the noodles from 1/4 of the box and broke them in half and put them into the first pot with salt.
5. My mom then turned to stove on to medium high heat.
With salt in the water
- The first sign of boiling was at 6 minutes and 53 seconds.
- A white foam started at 9 minutes and 12 seconds.
- Small boiling was 11 minutes and 57 seconds.
- The rolling boil was at 12 minutes and 43 seconds.
Without the salt in it
- The first signs of boil started at 7 minutes and 2 seconds.
- The white foam started at 8 minutes and 32 seconds.
- At 14 minutes and 1 second, the boiling began.
- 17 minutes and 28 seconds the rolling boil started.