Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
January 8, 2016
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @jamie_grubbs
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
Jan 15th- 1/2 day of school
Jan 18th- no school
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 6- Art
- Tuesday- Day 1- PE
- Wednesday- Day 2- Music
- Thursday- Day 3 Art
- Friday- Day 4- PE
You may now access your child's report card now. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Please sign the Report Card Verification Sheet and return at your earliest convenience.
What's Happening in Ms. Grubbs's Class
- We will be talking about fact and fiction.
- We will be working on test taking skills...what good reader's do ALL the time.
- We will begin our new small reading groups.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at and investigating nonfiction pieces including opinion and persuasive texts.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- This week we will begin learning about money. We will work on coin recognition as well as finding the value of a collection of coins.
- This is a skill easily practiced at home with real coins! :)
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to solve real world problems using many different strategies that we have learned through exploration and through watching others.
- Students will be working to create their own math games, four blocks, and problems of the day. These will become part of our math workshop as they finish them.
- We will continue writing opinion and persuasive pieces.
- We will also be doing some on demand writing- what do you do when someone gives you a topic to write about?
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.