A Peek At Our Week
Homework journals are due this week-all students were given a new menu board and parent signature log for the third marking period.
This week we begin a unit on Poetry.
- Characteristics and Forms of Poetry
- Structural Elements and Rhyme Scheme
- Simile and Metaphor
- Sensory Language/Personification/Onomatopoeia
Students will be writing a Literary Essay on the book, "Those Shoes"
This is a book we have read in class several times and have discussed in detail.
- Stories vs. Evidence
- Citing Text Evidence (Quotes)
- Author's Craft as Evidence
- Constructing a Literary Essay
This week in Revising and Editing, we will be working on Simple and Compound Words.
This week we launch our next unit on Industrialization/Colonization.
Classroom News/Upcoming Events
- The Third Marking Period begins this week.
- Fit Girls begins on Tuesday, January 19th. (Every Tues/Thurs)
- 1/25- Report Cards go home (remember to sign and return with envelope)
- 1/28- Homeroom Class Picture Day (forms were already sent home)