Truman Primary News
Enjoy The Ride!
Truman Art Night
Art Night Volunteers NEEDED
Please log in to see how you can help:
District Culinary Contest - recipes due on Thursday
Here is a fun opportunity for our 1st & 2nd grade students! They have a chance to represent our school at the District Culinary Contest.
The idea behind this event is to help educate the kids in HEALTHY EATING HABITS. Too often we hear about obesity in kids and kids not making the right choices in terms of their eating habits. That’s why we want kids to submit recipes for their favorite Fiesta Fit- healthy Mexican food!
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
· Kid Friendly
· Ease of Preparation
· Healthy Attributes
· Plate Presentation
Timeline of the event:
1. An entry form with a recipe card will be available from our cafeteria manager.
2. Kids who would like to participate need to fill out the recipe card and return it to Truman Primary front office.
3. We will collect the recipe cards and give them to Child Nutrition office.
4. Buildings return recipes to Mark Coulter at Child Nutrition Office or the cafeteria manager no later than January 10, 2019.
5. A distinguished panel of administrators will evaluate recipe submissions and narrow the number of finalists down to 10 kids.
6. Those finalists will be formally invited to a Culinary Competition “Cook-Off” on March 13, 2019, tentatively scheduled for 2:30pm.
As an added bonus, our district competition is just one of 160 events nationwide that Sodexo will be orchestrating across the country in February & March. The winning recipe from each event will be entered to win a national competition in March. More details will follow, but we’re lining up some great prizes for those that are chosen to receive national recognition!
Again, if your child is interested in entering a recipe, please contact the school for a recipe card and information.