General Equation: y=x^2
- When graphing quadratics, the graph has an intercept at (0,0)
- Its decreasing on the interval (-infinity, 0)
- Its increasing on the interval (0, infinity)
- Its symmetric with the y-axis.
What are Solutions?
- The solutions of the Quadratic is when the y value is equal to 0.
- There are usually two solutions.
a- a makes the parabola stretch or compress.
h- h makes it move left or right.
k- k moves it up and down.
x^2 + 3
In this equation, the k value is 3. The 3 will make it move up 3.
In this equation, the h value is 3. That means it will move 3 to the left.
In this equation, the a value is negative. This will make it flip.
Sounds Great Right?
By now I'm sure you understand. There are definitely things in the world I love more than quadratics, but if you enjoy them, feel free to work your little fingers to the bones while solving them!