THINK, CREATE, SHARE, GROW
It’s a new school year with big changes in Ogden School District’s libraries. Each school will be staffed by two library clerks who will open library doors to circulate books, foster a love of reading, and meet with students individually or as a class to promote books and library resources.
Seven District Teacher Librarians will be scheduled flexibly across the district to supervise the library clerks and to collaborate and co-teach with targeted teachers and students (K-12) on short and long-term research projects. They are eager to share project ideas, research skills, and resources that will be instrumental for project-based teaching and learning for the Utah Core Standards.
The District Library Program offers a new structure, new ideas, and new opportunities for the entire school community to work together to meet the needs of our 21st-century learners.
Thinking, Creating, Sharing, Growing
- screening and interviewing library clerk applicants
- developing and leading two-week training for library clerks
- assisting library clerks with library setup
- assessing and standardizing the district's libraries
- standardizing Destiny (library management system) district wide
- developing a district policies and procedures manual for libraries
- participating in professional development (Google Apps for Education, UEN/Pioneer, District PD Days, Pacific Northwest Library Conference)
- creating a District Library Program newsletter for district employees and the community
- developing a resource website for students, teachers, parents, and library clerks
- assisting library clerks with collection decisions, cataloging, processing, and purchasing
- attending faculty meetings and meeting with principals to introduce the District Library Program
Coming soon... phase two! Watch for the District Teacher Librarians in the schools as they begin to collaborate with teachers and students on research projects.
Ogden School District Teacher Librarians
We are excited to collaborate on a co-teaching project with you. Please contact us:
Amy Jamison MA
Christine McFarland M.Ed.
Elaine Shelburne MLS / M.Ed.
(801)-737-8775 (OHS) or (801)-737-7908 (BLHS)
DTL @ ogdensd.org