The Dangers of Fraud
By: Aubree Gudgell
What is Fraud?
Fraud is intentional deception of someone for the gain of the person who tricks them.
The three types of fraud.
The three main types of fraud are:
- Phishing and Smishing fraud (Fake emails or messages to get someone to provide information)
- Retail or auction fraud (Buying something online, but you don't actually get what you bought).
- Work at home (Pay for a work at home kit or component for "easy" job from home, when you are actually paying to rip other people off also).
How to avoid fraud.
You can avoid fraud, for the most part, by doing these four simple things:
- Don't reply to emails or texts with personal information. Wherever they say they are from really has your information.
- Research the website or institution. Make sure to look at the customer ratings.
- If the website, email, text, etc. looks too good to be true, it probably is not real.
- Last, learn more about fraud and what you can do to avoid it.