Regional School District No. 6
Principal's Message for September 24, 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
The 14th annual Warren School Harvest Luncheon was a huge success, thanks to the efforts of Wellness teacher Alisa Wright and the entire staff of Warren School. Over 240 children, parents, friends, and community members attended the event to share a meal of pizza and salad, and to sample recipes made by Warren students using fresh produce from the school garden. Sixth grade students did a great job greeting guests and serving samples of the delicious food. Check out Mrs. Brady's Animoto slide collage here.
We are now sixteen days into the school year, so I want to give you a quick update on the progress of the two multi-age classes. The teachers have created a blended curriculum for PK/K and for 3/4 that is allowing both older and younger students to excel. I spent time with Mrs. Brady and Mrs. Ulrichsen this afternoon to reflect upon the past few weeks. Their excitement bubbled over as they talked about their classrooms. Both teachers feel that they already have a strong understanding of each and every child's academic strengths and areas of need. The range of ages allows students to be flexibly grouped according to abilities, social strength, and/or areas of interest. The teachers are able to enrich and adjust lessons any way necessary because they are not restricted to a single grade.
International multi-age expert Dr. Sandra Stone will visit Warren School on October 13th and 14th. You are invited to a parent meeting with Dr. Stone, the teachers and me on October 13th at 6:30 PM. At that time, you will hear a more detailed update and have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
Please note the following:
- Principal/Parent Coffee Hour tonight at 6:30 PM. You are invited to meet with me for coffee (decaf will be available!) and conversation. We will review and discuss the Warren School Vision and goals for 2015-2016, as well as any other topics that may be of interest.
- Thursday, October 1st at 6: 30 PM - 6th Grade Parent Meeting with Mrs. Birdsall
- Friday, October 2nd - Custodian Appreciation Day
- Thursday, October 8th at 7:00 PM - Friends of Warren School meeting in Art Room
- October 9th Friends of Warren Pumpkin Decorating 3:30-5:30
- October 10th and 11th - Warren Fall Festival
- October 12th - Columbus Day - No School
- October 13th - 6:30 PM - Parent Meeting with Dr. Sandra Stone and Warren staff
Please contact me at any time with questions, comments or concerns.
Hover over the photo gallery link to view additional galleries, such as the International Dot Day Art Gallery.