Published November 3rd
No faculty circle on Monday
Monday Adjusted Schedule
Same times. Just swap out 7, 8 for 2, 3. Thanks, everyone. We want to make sure we support your colleagues for our CASE chats on Tuesday.
8th grade: 12:00-12:30
- 8th grade teachers bring them out.
- Spread out and supervise
7th grade: 12:45-1:15
- UA teachers teachers bring them out.
- 7th grade teachers come out at 12:48 to relieve UA. They need to go inside for 8th grade UA.
- Please spread out and supervise.
6th grade: 1:30-2:00
- 6th grade teachers bring them out.
- Spread out and supervise.
Tuesday's PD Agenda
Pep Rally Friday
This Week's Meetings
Monday: No faculty circle. Math and ELA folks check in with Stacie regarding CASE.
Tuesday: PD from 7:30-2:45. Meet in library at 7:30. Science team--do you want to meet after training or do you prefer to reschedule?
Wednesday: Behavior PLC during 1, 2, 5, 7
Thursday: No meetings
Friday: No meetings
November 12: No Meetings
November 13: Writing PLC
November 14: No Meetings
Vertical Team PLCs
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction daily as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).