Jump Starting Book Clubs
That Engage, Stimulate, & Challenge Your Students
Choice is Key!
Benefits of Attending
2. Examine how to offer choice to your students using a variety of genres through texts.
3. Learn ways to stimulate all learners in authentic texts while deepening their comprehension.
4. Walk away with easy and ready to use materials to jump start book clubs the next day!
5. Focus on ways that promote deep comprehension and tap into student's interests.
6. See how book clubs should look and how interaction and learning happen with real classroom videos.
7. Expand your knowledge on why book clubs are crucial to building fluency and stamina, and how they promote thinking at the analysis and knowledge utilization levels!
8. And Much More!
Meet the Presenters
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in Title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Mrs. Anderson studied early childhood education and English as a Second Language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for all students.
"I loved being able to dive in the resources while listening to a knowledgeable presenter." -Katrina, KY
"This was a wonderful professional learning experience. I loved how interactive the session was amongst all participants." -Elizabeth, TX
November 30, 2018 / 8:30am - 3:30pm
$225 per participant
Contact us for early bird or group discounts!
Early Bird Discount in offered through September 28, 2018.
6 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 374 Lantana Crossing Spring Branch, TX 78070. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Jump Starting Book Clubs Workshop
Friday, Nov. 30th, 8:30am
4850 West John Carpenter Freeway
Wifi is provided.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Can't Make the Training?
Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them