Volume 37 - May 17-21
Mark Your Calendar
STAAR Dates for both At-Home and In-Person Students. All STAAR testing will be on campus.
May 17 and 18 - Make-ups
End of Year Events
- May 17 - Kinder Field Day
- May 18 - 1st Grade Field Day
- May 19 - 2nd & 3rd Grade Field Day
- May 19 - 6th Grade Celebration - 5:00-5:45 and 6:15-7:00
- May 20 - 4th & 5th Grade Field Day
- May 20 - High School Seniors Walk - 2:00 PM
- May 21 - 6th Grade Bell Ringing - 8:00 AM
- May 21 - 6th Grade Field Day
- May 21 - Last Day of School Early Release - 12:00 PM
- May 21 - At Home Learners return all devices, Hot Spots, and Materials - 9-11AM or 1-3PM
No Backpacks on the Last Day of School.
Goodbye Message from Mrs. Coffman
This year will be more difficult than ever for me. It is with mixed feelings that I want to let you all know that I will not be returning to Boyd next year. I have an incredible opportunity to work as a consultant at Region 10 training administrators and supporting districts throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It has always been my dream to provide this level of support to administrators at the local and state level, and I feel so blessed to be able to pursue this dream. I am so happy for this opportunity but heartbroken to say goodbye to the teachers, students, and families that are so close to my heart. Thank you for your support and for the blessing that your children have been in my life. I will greatly miss your little Blackhawks!
The district has begun the process of looking for a new principal, and communication will be provided once the principal has been selected. Boyd is a very special place, and I know that they will find the perfect fit.
At Boyd we always say, "Once a Blackhawk, always a Blackhawk!" We are a family and are forever bonded by the time we spent together. Therefore, I will not say goodbye but rather "see you soon."
Yearbooks have arrived!
At Home Students - Device and Materials Return
We cannot believe it is already time to collect your student devices and hand back miscellaneous student items. Please follow the steps outlined below to make this drop-off process run smoothly.
Boyd will be collecting all devices and Hot Spots on Friday, May 21st.
- We will have two-time slots available for drop-off, 9:00-11:00 AM or 1:00-3:00 PM. If you are not able to come on Friday, please arrange to drop-off the material to the front office earlier that week.
- You will enter Boyd Elementary through the carpool lane as noted on the map below.
- Once you arrive at Boyd, a staff member will come to your car to retrieve all student items.
Here is your checklist:
Drop off Times: Friday, May 21st 9:00-11:00 AM or 1:00-3:00 PM
Place all library books, leveled readers, and any other instructional items in a plastic bag labeled with your child’s name and grade.
Have your Chromebook, charger, and hotspot together, labeled on a piece of paper with your child’s name and grade
Please do not return consumables including: handwriting workbooks, Words Their Way, EnVision, GoMath, Fusion Science, and/or Springboard
Place all items (bag of books, Chromebook, charger, hotspot, etc.) in the trunk of your car
Any items your child should receive (yearbook, certificates, etc.) will be brought out to you at this time.
We want to thank you for working closely with us this school year and being a team player for your student’s success. Thank you for sharing your child with us this year and we hope you have a wonderful summer!
6th Grade Celebrations
Wednesday, May 19 - 5:00-5:45 PM - Mrs. Larios, Mrs. Solcher, and Mrs. Wittgow
- Students need to arrive between 4:45 and 5:00 and go to their class. Parents will go to the gym. The program begins at 5:00, and we need parents ready and seated in the gym for students to enter.
- Students need to arrive between 6:15 and 6:30 and go to their class. Parents will go to the gym. The program begins at 5:00, and we need parents ready and seated in the gym for students to enter.
In order to accommodate the students and guests in the gym, ONLY 2 GUESTS per student. Thank you for your understanding.
6th Graders Ringing of the Bells
- Friday, May 21 - 8:00-8:30 AM - 6th Grade students will walk the halls while ringing their bells. Parents will line-up outside of the front of the building to cheer as they exit the front doors. Students will walk around the building to the playground. At 8:30 AM students will begin their field day. Parents will not be able to enter the playground area but can take pictures prior to entering.
- Parents that would like to take their students home after the ringing of the bell, will need to check them out in the front office.
6th Graders Field Day - Friday, May 21
- 8:30-10:30 - Boyd Playground
May 20 - High School Seniors Walk
They will need to arrive between 1:45-2:00 wearing their cap and gown. Seniors will walk the halls one last time as Boyd students cheer them on. Parents will line the front of the school (outside) to cheer them on as they exit the front door.
Online School Supplies
Order Securely Online - Starting Now thru June 27th!
- Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter the school ID, BOY001 (3 letters/3 numbers)
- Follow the directions to complete your order.
- Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
Boyd Student Featured in SOAR Magazine
Allen ISD Pre-K registration
Allen ISD Pre-K registration for the 2021-2022 school year is NOW OPEN! Did you know the district offers a Pre-K program for qualifying students? If you are interested in learning more about Pre-K eligibility criteria and enrollment details, please visit our webpage and review the flyer below.
Kinder Registration for Next School Year
Pre-K students currently enrolled and attending Allen ISD at Rountree or Cheatham do not need to re-enroll for kindergarten.
The first day of school is scheduled for August 11, 2021.
Enrollment forms and information are available on the Allen ISD enrollment website. https://allenisd.org/Page/58088
Resources for Families in Need
Marisol Puterbaugh, CARE Coordinator
Alton Boyd Elementary School
800 S Jupiter
Principal: Judith Coffman
Asst. Principal: Jenna Capps
Asst. Principal: Wendy Williams
Secretary: Elaine Gamboa
Registration: Gabby Villegas
Receptionist: Ale Reyes
Nurse: Terry Phillips
Counselor: Patricia Chavez
CARE: Marisol Puterbaugh
Campus Intervention Specialist (CIS): Yessica Schessler
PTA President: April Cheney