Bushy Bear Tales
Volume 12- March 12, 2018
From Mrs. Ketterer:
There will be warmth inside and outside as exciting activities and learning lie ahead! Our students took home their 3rd Quarter Interims and their Winter MAP Reports last week. There is so much they have accomplished! Thank you for your support in talking with your child about celebrations and setting goals together!
- 13 PTA Meeting @ 7:00 p.m. in the Media Center
- 14 Read Across America Day
- 15 Leo Club Meeting
- 16 2nd Grade Field Trip to MD Science Center
- 16 SPIRIT DAY: Maryland Day
- 19-23 Spring Book Fair
- 21 Wonder Book Club Meeting @ 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Media Center
- 22 PTA Ice Cream Social / PTA Board Elections
- 23 Spring Portraits and Class Groups
- 26 Greg Tang Parent Presentation @ 6:30-7:30 p.m. Seating still available! Please RSVP
- 27 Greg Tang Student Presentation during the day in the Cafeteria
- 30-31 Schools and Offices Closed
- 1-3 Spring Break
- 4-6 School is Open- Inclement Weather Make-Up Days
- 10 PTA Meeting in the Media Center @ 7:00 p.m.
- 13 Early Dismissal- End of 3rd Quarter
- 18 1st Grade Field Trip 10:00-2:30 p.m. to Coastal Sunbelt Produce
- 20 40/10 Celebration @ 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- 26 Leo Club Meeting / Take-Your-Child-To-Work-Day
- 27 SPIRIT DAY: Tie-Dye Day
Bear Hug Winners - March 2nd
- Kindergarten - Onur Kabacan, Morgan Rix
- 1st Grade - Troy Heath, Hailey Riggleman
- 2nd Grade - Makena Lam-Tang, Sabrea Mitchner
- 3rd Grade - Maddie Kirkpatrick, Lisa Richardson
- 4th Grade - Ishaan Gulati, Ernest Louro
- 5th Grade - Nikki Katanguri, Carys Volley
Walking Wednesdays Return on March 21st!
As you marvel at the laps our students have completed, keep in mind that 5 laps equal one mile on our loop.
Here are the Walking Wednesday totals from the Fall:
- TOP 3 Walking Totals Overall:
- 3rd Grade Jake S.- 89 laps
- 2nd Grade Gabriel H. - 85 laps
- 2nd Grade Graham B. - 53 laps
- TOP 3 Walking Totals By Grade:
- Morgan R. - 50 laps
- Beulah O.- 43 laps
- Ally G. - 30 laps
- 1st Grade
- Sophia V. - 42 laps
- Ansh B. - 37 laps
- Sara S. - 31 laps
- 2nd Grade
- Gabriel H. - 85 laps
- Graham B. - 53 laps
- Anya D. - 37 laps
- 3rd Grade
- Jake S. - 89 laps
- Emmet C. - 42 laps
- Max B. - 41 laps
- Saiharshith D. - 41 laps
- 4th Grade
- Siri G. - 46 laps
- Kit L. - 39 laps
- Sarah V. - 36 laps
- Siyi J. - 26 laps
- 5th Grade
- Andrew S. - 46 laps
- Nina X. - 42 laps
- Nikitha K. - 37 laps
JA Day Inspired Financial Literacy!
BPES Science Fair was AMAZING!
Kindergarten & New First Grade Registration Started March 5
A new online registration process opened on March 1 where much of the process can be done online. You should still plan to visit their assigned school to finalize your registration.
You will need to bring the following documents:
- Birth certificate, birth registration or passport.
- Current immunization record - must be a print out from the pediatrician and signed.
- Deed or lease to your home
- Current utility bill
- Photo ID of parent/guardian registering the student
Please visit the Howard County Public School System website for complete information about enrollment and registration.
There is also great information on Getting Ready for Kindergarten to give you ideas!
The Spring Book Fair is Coming Soon....Sit. Stay. Read.
Support Our School. Volunteer Information Coming Soon.
Monday 3/19 - 8:30 - 6:00
Tuesday 3/20 - Book Raffle - 8:30 - 7:00
Wednesday 3/21 - 8:30 - 6:00
Thursday 3/22 - Ice Cream Social - 6:30 - 8:30
Friday 3/23 - 8:30 - 11:30.
An Amazing Opportunity to Connect To Math Instruction Awaits!
We Have 100 Registered So Far!
BPES 40/10 Celebration DATE CHANGE Now Friday, June 8th
On Friday, June 8th, we will celebrate the decades we have been a school! We want alumni to share their memories and help us commemorate our school community!
Very soon, we will be sending home our T-Shirt Contest Flyers to ask our BPES students to help design our 40/10 T-shirts we will all wear that day!
Please email Mrs. Ketterer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join our committee, offer photos or memories or have ideas to help us.
Click on the GREEN BAR to access our new Highlight Page on our BPES website