CCHS Student Services
Summer Edition-Frequently Asked Questions
Summer-Limited School Counselor Availability
Most information can be found below in our Frequently Asked Questions Newsletter.
Be sure to check back regularly as we will update this over the summer.
For specific inquiries that require an immediate response, please fill out our Summer Inquiry Form and someone will respond to you.
We hope you have a wonderful and safe summer and look forward to seeing you in the fall.
Summer Inquiry Form: https://tinyurl.com/cchssummer20
Possible reasons for summer inquiry:
Community Service Pre-Approval
School counselors will have limited access to email over the summer and will return emails as soon as possible.
College & Career Specialist
Class of 2020 Graduates
- To send to a college or university, please complete the Final Transcript Request Form: https://tinyurl.com/cchsfinaltranscript20
- If you need a hard copy of your official final transcript, please request it here: https://tinyurl.com/cchstranscript
9th, 10th, 11th Grade Students
- For Colleges and Universities: Please complete the transcript request at https://tinyurl.com/cchstranscript
- For CommonApp, SendEdu, and Coalition platforms please email your school counselor.
- If you need a hard copy of your transcript, indicate on the transcript request form and a hard copy will be mailed home to you.
- Unfortunately, transcripts cannot be sent through email.
Alumni (Class of 2020 or earlier)
- Complete the Transcript Request Form at: https://tinyurl.com/cchstranscript
Summer School Information
OCPS is providing a Credit Recovery opportunity for students who need credit recovery.
Our goal is to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate competency in order to progress toward graduation as minimum credit requirements are a condition of high school graduation.
When: Tuesday, June 2 - Thursday, June 25, 2020
Time: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
School will be closed every Friday, except June 5.
During these 16 days, students will be provided instruction through an on-line program, called Edgenuity.
Edgenuity offers standards-aligned, video-based curriculum, for high school students in all core content areas. Your student will be supported and monitored daily by our school support team.
Students registered for summer school received an email to their student email account.
Parents also received an email if their student was registered for summer school (if the parent email was in Skyward).
If you have a question regarding summer school, please complete the Summer Inquiry Form: https://tinyurl.com/cchssummer20
Valencia Dual Enrollment-Summer Textbook Information
Although Valencia College campus locations are closed due to Covid-19, a new process is in place for ordering your Summer 2020 term textbooks.
You will be required to email your designated school representative with your Summer 2020 course information once your schedule is finalized.
You must include ALL of the information provided below to email your representative so they may place the textbook order(s) on your behalf.
Please be mindful of shipping times to ensure you receive your items at an appropriate time for your Summer term course(s).
Please include the following information when sending an email to your designated school representative:
1. Attach a PDF of your Summer 2020 Student Detailed Schedule
- This can be found under the Courses Tab within your Atlas account.
- Creating a PDF of your Student Detail Schedule: Once you are on your Student Detailed Schedule, right click anywhere on the page and select Print. A print screen will then pop-up. Under the Destination, you will see a drop-down menu where you will want to choose “Save as PDF”. Once that is selected, you can select the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen. You will then be prompted to save the PDF to your computer. Please be sure you save the PDF somewhere you will remember. You will need to attach that PDF to the email to your designated representative.
- Be sure the PDF you are attaching includes your Full Name, VID #, Course(s), Course CRN, and Campus Location(s).
2. Shipping Address
o The shipping information should be the address you want textbooks sent to. PLEASE INCLUDE CITY AND ZIP CODE.
3. Phone number, school and grade level.
Kerri MacLean- kerri.macLean@ocps.net
Valencia Dual Enrollment-Fall
Update: Test Score Deadline: Valencia College is working with the Florida Department of Education to determine testing options and/or other means with which to decide dual enrollment (DE) admission criteria for Fall 2020, check back here for updates.
There is no action required by applicants at this time.
Community Service Pre-Approval AND Submitting Completed Hours
Over the summer, students requesting community service pre-approval need to:
- Complete the Community Service Pre-Approval Form https://tinyurl.com/cchscommunityservice
- Once you submit the Community Service Pre-Approval Form, you will then need to submit the Summer Inquiry Form: https://tinyurl.com/cchssummer20
To turn in completed community service, complete the Post-Reflection Form at: https://tinyurl.com/cchscommunityservice
Community Service Log Sheet
Virtual Community Service Opportunities
· The Student Services team has created a list of ideas for virtual community service.
- For each grade level, you will read two books, one from the grade level list and then a book of your choice.
- The book from the grade level list will be assessed with a discussion and the choice book, a project.
- Go to https://cypresscreekhs.ocps.net/students/summer_reading_assignments to see your titles.
- Summer reading books will be available for check out on the underclassmen return dates in June!
- AP & IB assignments are different so be sure to check the website.
Schedule Changes/Schedule Pick Up
Counselors will begin working on student schedules in late July.
Information regarding schedule pickup and the schedule change process is forthcoming.
Have SAT/ACT tests been cancelled?
- Please reference the CollegeBoard and ACT websites for up to date information on testing
- SAT https://pages.collegeboard.org/collegeboard-covid-19-updates
- ACT https://www.act.org/content/act/en/covid-19.html
Have there been any changes to the Bright Futures Scholarship requirements?
Information regarding the Bright Futures Scholarship is forthcoming. For up to date information, please check the Office of Student Financial Assistance website:
How can I stay connected with Cypress Creek High School?
Incoming 9th Grade: @bear2024
9th Grade: @bear2023
10th Grade: @2022bear
11th Grade: @2021bear
12th Grade: @2020bear
- Instagram: @cypresscreekhs
- Twitter: @CypressCreekHS
- Facebook: Cypress Creek High School