Monthly Parent Newsletter
Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year is Active! Closes Friday, June 2
Parent/Guardian Involvement is Essential to Student Success!
Cicero District 99 continues its efforts to engage parents and students in learning at home.
Through the Strategic Planning process, community feedback indicated that parents want support and resources to use at home with their children.
The purpose of this newsletter is to provide resources you can use at home to support students in extending their learning. Each month, the topics will align with classroom instruction.
Working together, we can improve outcomes for our students.
The links below are resources you can use with your students at home to support math instruction this month.
- Second Grade: Understand Partitioning Shapes into Halves, Thirds, and Fourths - English
- Second Grade: Understand Partitioning Shapes into Halves, Thirds, and Fourths - Spanish
- Third Grade: Understanding Categories of Shapes - English
- Third Grade: Understanding Categories of Shapes - Spanish
- Fourth Grade: Classify Two-Dimensional Figures - English
- Fourth Grade: Classify Two-Dimensional Figures - Spanish
- Fifth Grade: Understand Categories of Two-Dimensional Figures - English
- Fifth Grade: Understand Categories of Two-Dimensional Figures - Spanish
- Sixth Grade: Analyze Two-Variable Relationships - English
- Sixth Grade: Analyze Two-Variable Relationships - Spanish
- Seventh Grade: Solve Problems Involving Area and Surface Area - English
- Seventh Grade: Solve Problems Involving Area and Surface Area - Spanish
Text your photos of your family engaging with our literacy activities from the newsletter to (773) 669-5753, and you may be featured in an upcoming newsletter and the District's social media pages!
May is Stress Awareness Month!
To recognize Stress Awareness Month, it’s a good time to evaluate your current stress level. Stress is an unavoidable, normal response to a change — even a positive change can be stressful.
Stress can manifest physically, such as:
Aches and pains
Digestive or sleeping issues
High blood pressure
Stress can also manifest mentally in anxiety, depression, and irritability. These stress responses need to be managed with good amounts and types of sleep, food, and exercise. Saying “no” to extra responsibilities and “yes” to relaxing, healthy activities can also counter stress.
If you or a loved one are struggling with stress, we’re here to help. Care Solace, a complimentary and confidential care coordination service provided by Cicero District 99, can quickly find a mental health care or substance use treatment provider for you.
Call (888) 515-0595. Multilingual support is available 24/7/365.
Visit caresolace.com/cicd99 and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email or phone.
As a District, we are committed to the well-being of our students, staff, and families. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you manage or cope with your stress.
Cicero District 99
Location: 5110 W 24th St, Cicero, IL, USA
Phone: (708) 863-4856