Bulldog Blast, 2/7/21
We wanted to update you about our first round of Pooled Testing. First and foremost, thank you to our collection team! Great job this week!
Thursday went very smoothly, especially for our first day. After a few rounds we will get quicker.
Total number of tests administered Thursday at BMS: 143
This number reflects approximately 50% of the people in the building on Thursday.
Please make sure you fill out the aspen workflow to be part of this exciting work!!
This week is SPIRIT Week!
- Monday and Tuesday is Brennan Spirit Day! Wear your Blue and Green Proudly!
- Thursday and Friday is Red and Pink Day!
ATTENTION GRADE 8 FAMILIES
Here are three links to better familiarize you with the course selection process:
- The Grade 9 Course Offerings Booklet. This document includes courses and their descriptions. Scroll to the last two pages for the very helpful Course Request Worksheet.
- Screencastify Video. Got 5 minutes? Watch this tutorial to learn more selecting courses. It also previews what you’ll be doing at school on February 8 and 9.
- Questions and Answers. Use this form to ask questions. AHS Guidance Counselors will either answer your questions when they present to you next week or will email a response to you.
UPDATED: Travel Guidance
- The quarantine went from 14 to 10 days
- Added language (last bullet) that speaks to individuals who have been COVID -positive and what their travel expectation is.
Last Bullet: Individuals who are COVID-19-recovered, meaning individuals who tested positive more than 10 days but less than 90 days ago and who do not have symptoms, do not need to obtain a negative PCR test prior to traveling to or quarantine upon arrival to Massachusetts. COVID-19 recovered individuals arriving in Massachusetts must have documentation of the positive PCR test result available if asked. This exception does not include COVID-19-recovered individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19, who must follow all testing and quarantine guidance outlined in the travel rules.
Virtual Clubs and Tutoring Opportunities - POST FEBRUARY BREAK!!!
- Art Club
- Best Buddies
- Book Club
- Fun & Games
- Tutoring Grades 5 & 6 With Brennan Teachers
- Tutoring Grades 7 & 8 With Brennan Teachers
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) for the 2020-2021 School Year Additional Food Funds for Students during COVID-19
You will get P-EBT if you qualify for free or reduced-price meals under the National School Lunch Program AND are in a hybrid or fully remote learning situation.
P-EBT funds are available to households regardless of immigration status and are not considered in a public charge test.
Partnership with Attleboro Public Library - Additional FREE TUTORING
Attleboro Public Library Launches On-Demand, Anywhere Online Tutoring for All Learners
Includes online tutoring for all levels of learners from children through adults
Attleboro Public Library is pleased to announce the launch of Brainfuse Helpnow – on demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for all ages and levels. Brainfuse HelpNow™ provides differentiated learning solutions for users of diverse needs and backgrounds. Students communicate with live tutors using an interactive whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy/paste text or images and graph homework problems. HelpNow™ will be available to all Attleboro Public Library patrons from the public computers at the library (when open to the public) or from any home or school computer with internet connection. To access, students must have an Attleboro library card in good standing. The library card number and PIN number (usually the last four digits of their phone number) is needed to log on to Brainfuse HelpNow, then students create an account so they can interact with the services offered by Brainfuse HelpNow. If a student does not have a library card, they may register for a temporary card using this link. If they have a card, but it is blocked or expired, they can call 508-222-0157 and library staff can work with them to resolve the issue.
I am now using REMIND for all my communication.
Get information for Cyril K. Brennan Middle School right on your phone
Pick a way to receive messages for Cyril K. Brennan Middle School:
- On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/cyrilkb Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @cyrilkb to the number 81010.
BMS Student Remote Help Desk!
Two ways to access this support:
- Class Code: q2amxdg
- Google Meet Link
Students will log into Follett Destiny (Destiny Discover) with the same username they use for Aspen. The password is the student id number on their badge should the student wish to check out a book.