Week of January 14th
We are in the spring semester. Time seems to go by very quickly this semester. Please stay up to date by reading the newsletter, checking planners, and following Red Oak Elementary on social media.
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- As the weather continues to be cold over the next couple of months, please make sure your student has a warm jacket for recess. We like to go outside even on cold days.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
January 14-18 - Safety Week
January 21- Martin Luther King Day- No School
January 25 - Hawk Assembly at 8:15
February 5 - 100th Day of School
February 14 - Colors for Caring
February 14 - Valentine Parties at 2:15
February 15 - No School for students/ Professional Development Day for staff
February 19 - No School
- Making Connections Across Literary Genres
- Earth's rotation causing day/night, the apparent movement of the sun, and shadows.
- Comparing characteristics of the Sun, Earth, and Moon
- Westward Expansion
ROE Campus Newsletter
Campus Spelling Bee
Congratulations to Jonathan Nwabueze for winning our campus Spelling Bee!
He will be representing Representing Red Oak Elementary in the Ellis County Spelling Bee in February.
Congratulations to the following students that also placed in the top three in our campus Spelling Bee:
Kelsey Murphy - 2nd
Wyatt Newsome - 3rd
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily