Telpas Test Administrator Training 2019
Calendar of Events - Spring 2019
TELPAS Assessment Window 2/25-4/5
Shelbyville Dates: (Listening & Speaking in the morning/Reading Test after Lunch)
Elementary March 18 (5th), 19 (4th), 20 (3rd), 21(2nd)
Middle School March 5th
High School March 6th
Test Security & confidentiality Requirements
- Designated supports approved locally:
- Individualized structured reminders
- Manipulating test materials
- Basic transcribing
- Large print (approved paper only)
- Designated supports that require TEA approval:
- Extra day
The following procedures are NOT permitted, as they may invalidate the test.
- Students may not receive reading assistance.
- Students may not use English-language or foreign-language reference materials.
- Test questions, reading selections, and listening passages may not be translated.
- Test questions, answer choices, and selections may not be rephrased, clarified, or read to students.
Materials for Testing & Seating Arrangements for Listening & Speaking
- seating chart
- Session Roster(s) (a list of students assigned to the test session)
- printed student test tickets (secure documents that provide unique TestNav login information for each student)
- scratch paper for each student
- pencils for use with the scratch paper
For the listening and speaking test, you will also need to gather headsets or headphones and microphones for students to use to complete the test.
- Testing Environment
- Testing Procedures
- Answering Questions
- Screen Glare
STARTING TELPAS Online Tests
1. Enter the username in the Username field exactly as it appears on the student test ticket.
2. Enter the password in the Password field exactly as it appears on the student test ticket. 3. Click the Sign In button. A screen showing the TELPAS administration name and the grade cluster of the test will appear. Verify the student’s name at the top of the screen.
4. Click the Start button. If administering the reading test, skip to step 6.
5. If administering the listening and speaking test, work with students to test their microphones.
6. Click the Start button to go to the test.
If students will be logging themselves on to TestNav, test administrators will guide students through the login process using the specific administration directions.
Reading Test Directions
Listening and Speaking Directions
■ signed oath of test security and confidentiality
■ seating chart
■ Session Roster(s)
■ student test tickets (secure documents)
■ scratch paper
■ the test manual
■ any other testing resources as instructed
Your oath will be kept on file for at least five years.