Self-Paced Professional Development Course
What is Google Classroom?
How can I use it to enhance & transform my classroom?
- Give assignments with attachments, auto copies of Drive files, links, videos, etc.
- Reduce paper use and time spent copying, distributing, collecting, grading and returning work.
- Hold students accountable with due dates appearing in a Google Calendar.
- Post to multiple classes at once, or copy from a previous post, saving you time.
- Hold class discussions.
- Give writing prompts.
- Increase communication student-teacher communication.
- 20 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom (Alice Keeler)
Things to Read and Watch
Ready for Classroom? Use the button below to enter Google's own Getting Started Training for the most up-to-date information! Then continue through the other materials on this page for some additional ideas of how to put it to work for you and your students!
You can now give different assignments to individual students! See the screenshot and blog post below for more info on how to do this!
- Use Google Classroom with your students! The best way to learn is to dive in!
- If you need to practice something before you try it with your real class, feel free to email me and ask me to be your practice "student". (Sorry, but that offer only works for Southwest Parke teachers.)
- Be sure to do more than just post announcements! Manage at least one assignment through Classroom!
- Below are some resources to support your learning and implementation phase.
Getting Started with Google Classroom (Amy Mayer)
Google Classroom Tutorials (Carrie Hillman)
Snap a Photo in Google Classroom (Google)
My Google Classroom Workflow Solution (Michael Poke)
*Doctopus + Classsroom + Goobric (Jennie Magiera)
* advanced level content
Helpful Links & Info
50 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom (Alice Keeler)
- Google Classroom Help Center (Google)
Google Classroom Guide for Students (ACT Government Education & Training)
Google Apps in Classrooms and Schools (Julia Stiglitz)