Amrita Bala Kendra
2015 - 2016
Aum Sahana Vavatu
Karagre Vasate Lakshmi
Gange cha Yamune
Twameva Mata Cha
Vasudeva Sutam Devam
Sri Ishwara Uvacha....Sri Rama Rama Rameti
Ramaya Rama bhadraya
Sarva mangala....Sharanagata Deenartha
Gayatri Mantra - Aum Bhur Bhuva Swaha...Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Karacharana kritam vaak Kayajam Karma jam vaa
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Om Sri Gurubhyo Namah Hari hi Om
YEAR 4 Lesson 4 Feb 28, 2016
Year 4 lesson 3 - Feb 20, 2016
Show me your friends & I'll tell you who you are
2 types of friendship
Arjuna & Krishna
Feb 7, 2016 Year 4 Lesson 2
Why choose honesty?
What if the consequences of choosing honesty are not nice? (punishment/people getting angry/etc.)--> What are the subtle consequences? -- Though we may not like the consequences, Amma sees our efforts!
Choosing to convey the truth in a straightforward and humble manner.
“Speak what is true. Speak what is pleasant. Speak no disagreeable truth, speak no agreeable falsehood”
- Swami Sivananda
Jan 24, 2016 Year 4 Lesson 1 Satsangatve Nisangatvam - The Importance of Satsang
Year 3 lesson 26 - Loving The Poor (Pg 90)
Time for our activity..... let's do a 7 minute workout!!
Animals - It's their world, too -ABK Year 3 Lesson 28 & 29 Pg 97
What can we do to show love & compassion for animals?
What can we do to show compassion to animals that frighten us?
Amma loves everyone -- Let's be examples of Her love in the World. She asked all of us to watch our words and to practice kindness!
STICKS AND STONES...
1. Provide each child with a small paper cutout in the shape of a human-- or have students cut out their own paper figures.
2. Ask each student to write his or her name on the cutout.
3. Have students form a circle; have them pass the cutouts to the person on their right.
4. As the cutouts are passed around the circle, have each person make a small crumple or tear in the cutout and add a pencil mark.
5. When the cutouts have made their way around the entire circle, have students try to repair their own cutouts by flattening, erasing, and taping.
6. After cutouts are repaired, discuss the activity. Talk about the effects of unkind words and hurt feelings.
You might display the cutouts on a bulletin board as a constant reminder of the effects of hurtful actions.
TOOTH PASTE AND WORDS... A teaching lesson
During the first weeks of the new school year, purchase travel size toothpaste and bring it to school. (If you're well into the school year-and you're experienceing a 'kindness challenge', also consider this exercise)
Ask the kids if anyone thinks they can squeeze the entire tube of paste out... and then put it back into the tube?
No one will think they can...Proceed to squeeze the entire tube onto a paper plate and show how it cannot be put back in.
Compare it to our words and how we treat one another. Kids will get the visual of how once we say unkind words... we can't take them back. We can apologize but it's still out there and has hurt our friends.
This is a wonderful visual; refer back to it throughout the year.
Smiling -- a Poem
Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around a corner and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled, I realized I had passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile and then I realized its worth.
A single smile, just like mine, could travel around the earth.
So if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick and get the world infected.
SUNDAY JANUARY 10, 2016
Update on Seva Projects -
- Which ones can I fully commit to doing?
- Which ones will I have difficulty doing?
- If I had to pick just one, which one could I do well?
- Try to prioritize them from easiest to do to the hardest to do.
- Decide on which one(s) you will work on this year.
- Silently, pray to Amma to help you in your efforts to accomplish the thing(s) you chose
Your 60 seconds starts NOW!