Int. Day of Peace & Silent Journey
International Day of Peace
10:30am - All children will assemble on the playground to sing "Light a Candle for Peace" synchronizing with thousands of other schools around the World.
During the week the children will create a "Hands of Friendship Flower" as part of their work for peace.
The Silent Journey
6-7pm - This is an adults only evening, there will be no childcare.
- Come and view the Montessori classroom; enter the world of your child.
- Walk and view in silence.
- Spend time at each academic level (Tods 210, EC 204-206-208, L EL 212, U EL 214).
- Watch the way that the materials naturally progress from simple to complex and concrete to abstract.
- Feel the weight, texture, and temperature of the manipulatives, experience the materials.
- Enjoy the peace, knowing that your child's daily experience is one of respect and honoring, as they chart their individual paths through the curriculum.