MS Weekly Wrap Up
February 7, 2019
Data Team Meeting Change:
Data Team Meetings can be used for grading time and individual student data reviews. You do not need to meet and record the sessions.
Also as a reminder, Monday, 2/11 PD will be held at 3:00 during your prep; therefore it will be switched with your data time to equal your prep hour.
Student, Parent, Teacher Conferences
- Conferences will be held on February 13, 14, and 15th.
- The 13th and 14th will be full day conference days with students and parents.
- The 15th will be a half day of conferences in the morning.
- Students will follow the below schedule for Friday, February 15 for daily classes.
Great Things are Happening in the Middle School.....
- Leslie Laudenslager is working with Grade 8 students to put together a Student Run newspaper. Each month they publish a newspaper with various articles that are written by our very own 8th grade students!! Great job inspiring our future writers Leslie!
- Pam Sieger organized an Author Read Aloud day for 8th grade students to interact with authors. They were able have their questions answered by published authors! What a great experience for our students! Awesome job Pam! This will be something our students never forget!!
- I want to give a SHOUT OUT to the GUIDANCE COUNSELORS for all of their hard work for all of the work they have done for the career readiness requirements! I also want to acknowledge Lauren and Fallon for all that they have been doing while Amy has been on leave! Thank you for keeping everything going even while being one man down!!!
- Marianne Malloy and Arlene Sheffo are rock stars when it comes to grading assessments in Illuminate! They know some awesome time savers!
- Amy Cadwallader has shown some amazing growth with her students not only this year but with her PVAAS data from last year! Congratulations!!!
- Noreen Davish has taken an active role with helping NJHS students this year as a co-adviser and arranging the peer tutoring for all of our students. She also is working on a proposal with Jenna Gruber to bring art and music to low level students in both general and special education.
- Suzanne Postler is experiencing some great gains with her grade 6 kiddos. She is using the new Eureka math and she credits being able to slow down and allow her students to learn the material verses just exposure to the concepts to their success! Below are their latest results! Amazing!
We want your insight! Please give us your ideas and feedback about what you would like to see or have for next year! It is never to early to start planning!
Some ideas for 2019/2020
- PLT will change in 8th grade so that students will not have to wait so long once class is over to come back for PLT
- Monthly PD and Staff Meeting days will be announced at the start of the year with a calendar (similar to this year - first two Monday's at 3:00)
- Below is the schedule which is similiar to this year
- Teams - NO MEGA TEAMS
- MTSS Meetings (Tues & Thurs - Curriculum) (Wed - Student) (M & F - Individual)
Dates to Remember:
- 2/11 @ 3pm Monthly PD
- 2/12 & 2/13 Bridget out of the office for meetings
- 2/13, 2/14, 2/15 Conferences
- 2/18 No School (Presidents Day)