2016 Leadership Academy Pilot
We are excited to have you participate and share your thoughts at the 2016 CMB Leadership Academy Pilot!
The Pilot will be held at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, VA from January 5th through January 7th. Each of you will be attending for one day, which was outlined in your individual communications but you'll be expected to arrive the day before your assigned Pilot day. Please register for the day you have been assigned to. Should you have questions regarding your attendance, please contact us directly.
The dress code is business casual (nice jeans acceptable). Please wear comfortable shoes as you will do a lot of walking within the conference center. (Ladies, high heels are not recommended.)
Please review all of the information below and complete your registration by December 21st, 2015.
Day of Arrival:
5pm: Arrival & Check-In
6pm: Welcome Reception in Verizon Central
Pilot Day Agenda:
8:30am: Gather at Verizon Central and walk as a group to your first class (with instructor)
9 - 10:30am: Session One
10:30 - 10:45am: BREAK
10:45 - 11:30am: Debrief Session One
11:30 - 12:45pm: LUNCH
12:45pm: Gather at Verizon Central and walk as a group to your second class (with instructor)
1:00 - 2:30pm: Session Two
2:30 - 2:45pm: BREAK
2:45 - 3:30pm: Debrief Session Two
Depart after 3:30pm
National Conference Center - 18980 Upper Belmont Pl, Leesburg, VA 20176
A room will be reserved under your name for one night's stay upon completion of your registration. Your stay at the National Conference Center is inclusive of all meals. Please plan to arrive at the National Conference Center no later than 5pm the day before your designated Pilot day.
Overnight accommodations and meal charges will be billed directly to Verizon.
Should you have any questions please contact us directly.
Getting to the National Conference Center
Arrive at the National Conference Center no later than 5pm the day before your designated Pilot day.
Sessions will conclude at 3:30pm, if you are flying, your flight will be booked for after 6pm.
Please designate your method of travel during your registration. Upon completion of your registration you will receive instructions on how to book your rental car or flight. Ground transportation will be provided between Dulles and the National Conference Center. If you are driving your personal car, please submit an expense report for your travel costs at the end of your trip.
Complimentary parking is available at the NCC for those that are driving
FAQ - Frequently Asked Quesions
- How do I know when I am attending? - You should of received an email from CMB Events inviting you to the Pilot. That invite specifically told you which date you would be attending.
- Can I change Pilot days if I am not able to attend? - If you are not able to attend on the day you were selected, please reach out to joyce.ann.brown@Verizon.com. Each person was selected based on the topic of the class and the channel it applied too.
- Where do I go to book my reservations? - You will receive another email letting you know that reservation lines are open and ready for all participants to begin booking their flights/cars.
- How do I get to the National Conference Center if I am flying? - Once you have completed your reservations for your flight, you will receive shuttle information pertaining to your pick up from the Dulles airport.
- Will shuttles be provided from all airports? - Shuttles will only be provided from the Dulles airport.
- How will I know what class I am to attend? - All students will gather in the Verizon Central Lounge prior to class and will be escorted by their instructor to the class.
- What happens if I miss my flight and am not able to attend? - Please email joyce.ann.brown@Verizon.com or call 610-220-6187.
- Am I allowed to drive my own car? - Verizon travel policy states that if you are driving over 120 miles one way, you should be renting a car as the cheapest choice for transportation.
- How long am I expected to be away? - You will arrive the night before your class and depart after the debrief session. We recommend not booking your flight before 6pm.