Southeast Elementary 8-30-21
Week one in the books!
We had a wonderful first week of school. We all loved the smiles, positive energy, and laughter that filled our building this first week.
A few Reminders:
- Arrival/Dismissal: Please make sure you are using designated crosswalk. It is important for safety that we are following this important procedure.
- Please remain in your vehicle in the car line. Teachers are working as quick as they can to bring your child to you!
- Please use South lot only to drop off and pick up your student.
- When dropping your student off, please give your hugs and kisses at the door. At this time we are not allowing parents to enter the building. Thank you for your understanding.
- 7:30-7:45 Students will go to cafeteria for breakfast OR to the gym to wait for the bell at 7:45.
- 7:45 students will go directly to class! 7:55 bell rings and students are marked tardy.
Guidelines for Visitors and Volunteers
The Level of Community Transmission is posted each Friday on the district Return to Learn website here. You can check each Friday to see the guidance for the following week.
- Approved Background Checks are required before volunteering in Ankeny Schools. If you are interested in volunteering this year, please visit the Ankeny Community Website “Volunteer” section to submit a request for Background check.
- Website for Volunteer Information Completion: https://www.ankenyschools.org/volunteer
- Here is a link directly to the Background Check. Please note processing may take up to two weeks. Background Check: https://bib.com/SecureVolunteer/Ankeny-Community-School-District/
- You will also need to complete the information located on the Handbook link before volunteering. You will find that link here, Handbook Link: https://docs.google.com/a/staff.ankenyschools.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeioi51ezKs5O6rV046l11hMtYKtIKOdSZ8Qj0G4jJdC86FhQ/viewform
- First PTO meeting of the year: September 13 @ 6:30 in the media center.
- Are you in need of some SE spirit wear? Well you are in luck!
PTO’s Spirit Wear Apparel orders close 9/10:
Back to school spirit wear orders are open at SE PTO’s online lil’hawk shop until Friday September 10th. Youth and adult sizes available! You can choose to ship items to your home, or pick up at store. A portion of the proceeds goes back to SE PTO! ( check out our new Southeast/Ankeny Hawk sticker packs!)
To shop visit: