Lipinczyk & Edwards Updates
Week of May 2, 2016
Monday, May 2- Early release
Wednesday, May 4- Music Field trip to Straz Center
ELA Instructional Focus...
- Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
- Compare and contrast firsthand and secondhand accounts of the same events.
- Identify Greek and Latin roots
- Continue with "Typing Club" daily to increase keyboarding skills.
HOMEWORK: Vocabulary practice sheet (front and back) Read every night for 30 minutes!
Math Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus this week in Math will be on two dimensional shapes.
- Identify and draw parallel and perpendicular lines.
- Apply knowledge of parallel and perpendicular lines to classify types of quadrilaterals.
- Sort, describe and classify quadrilaterals based on their types of lines, lengths of sides and types of angles.
- Demonstrate understanding that some quadrilaterals can be classified in more than one way based on their attributes.
Click the links below for Study Jams videos related to our Math topics for this week:
Myon Text related to our instructional focus this week:
Tiling Shapes-Wonder Readers
The Shape Families Babies-Kristin Haas
HOMEWORK: FSA Warm Up days 5-7 due Friday.
Science Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus this week in Science will be on the life cycles and characteristics of animals.
- Explain that although characteristics of plants and animals are inherited, some characteristics can be affected by the environment.
- Compare and contrast the major stages in the life cycles of animals, such as those that undergo incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
Click on the links below for Study Jams video's related to our Science topics this week:
Myon text related to our instructional focus this week:
From Caterpillar to Butterfly: Following the Life Cycle -Suzanne Slade
From Tadpole to Frog: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade
From Mealworm to Beetle: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade
Our chapter test on plant growth and reproduction is on Monday. Students should have their Life Science Notebooks to study. They will need to be able to identify the parts of a flower and their role in reproduction and pollination of the plant.
Our week in pictures...
Bengal Singers and Bengal Beat performing at the Spring Music Concert.
Madisyn and Xavier doing introductions.
Bengal Ringers and Tiger Tones performing at the Spring Music Concert.