RMS Monday Message
January 10, 2022
Happy New Year!
Instructional Plan for Students Under Quarantine
We will be following the established procedures below for students temporarily homebound due to short term illness.
- If a student has to quarantine the teacher(s) of record will provide educational materials asynchronously via Google Classroom.
- Depending upon the needs of the student, a daily check can be available with each core area teacher. The student can coordinate the date/time of the check in with that specific teacher. This includes students requiring ENL, AIS and SPED services.
- Students who need assistance in scheduling a check-in while under quarantine, should email the appropriate Assistant Principal. - Ms. Biordi - email@example.com (A-L) or Ms. Edelman - firstname.lastname@example.org (M-Z).
Club & Activity Information:
Kaleidoscope Club will meet Wednesday, January 24th after school in Ms. Varekamp's room until 3:30pm.
There will be a National Honor Society Meeting on 1/19, afterschool, in D135. Questions see Mrs. Paredes.
Drama Club will be having meetings on Thursdays 1/13 and 1/24. Meetings are from 2:50 - 3:45.
Meets on Tuesday, 1/11 in A106 until 3:30pm.
Environmental Club will meet on Thursday, 1/20 in A106 until 3:30pm.
Art club will have meetings on wednesday 1/19 and 1/26. Meetings are from 2:50 -3:30pm.
Jazz band rehearses every Wednesday after school from 2:50-3:35 in the band room. Contact Mr. Rubinstein with any questions.
Home & Careers Club
Group B meets on 1/12 and Group A meets on 1/19. Meetings are from 2:45-3:45pm in Room A109. Any questions see Ms. Conklin or email email@example.com.
Will be meeting on 1/11 in room D238 right after school. The time to order T-shirts for chess club has been extended to the 17th of January. We need 5 more orders to be able to complete the order. Please consider buying a shirt to support the Chess Club.
December Teacher Lesson of the Month
PE STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
BCSD Athletics Spectator Policy (updated: 1/3/22)
The BCSD Athletics Department has implemented a new policy for spectators at home contests. The policy will be as follows:
- Home teams will be authorized to have family members attend home contests. (Parents/Guardians/Siblings/Grandparents)
- Visiting teams will be authorized 2 spectators per participating athlete.
- Contests held in the BHS gym will continue to be live-streamed on our district YOUTUBE channel (visit beaconk12.org & click on Departments/Athletics).
Mr. Cunningham and the chorus students filled the school with holiday cheer at arrival on December 22nd!
8th Grade Health
Ms. Modica's health students starting the new year off right by creating SMART goals!
7th Grade Art
Mr. Trad's art students learning all about creating a two point perspective drawing!
8th Grade Health
NYS Testing: CBT Simulation
iReady Benchmark Assessment
iReady Benchmark Assessment
The next i-Ready benchmark assessment cycle begins on Monday. January, 10 and goes through Friday, January 24. Students will take this assessment in their ELA classes this week and their Math classes next week. It is important that the students try their best on the assessment as the data helps to better inform their instruction.
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program that will help us determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child where they are and provides us with data to inform instruction. We will be using this assessment tool in ELA and Math. The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this is not to give your child a score or grade but to determine how to best support their learning.
i-Ready Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual strengths and areas for growth. These lessons are interactive and provide strategic support to keep your child engaged as they learn.
The next PTO meeting would be Wednesday February 2nd at 6:30pm. Use the zoom link below in order to attend. Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Passcode: 703474)
Join Zoom Meeting
Main Office - Ext. 4131