Parent & Community Newsletter
What's Going On
-- NHS Induction Ceremony -- April 30th at 6:00 p.m. in the Student Center
-- Sports Physicals -- May 1st from Sports Physicals 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the Student Center: Cost is $20 and these physicals will be good for the 2018-19 school year.
-- StuCo Mixer -- May 4th at 3:45 p.m. in the Student Center: Painting, Karaoke, Minute to Win It games, concessions, and more. All students are invited to attend.
-- Saturday School -- May 5th and May 12th from 8:30 a.m. - noon. Students needing to attend should see Mr. Stowe to sign up.
-- Teacher Appreciation Week -- May 7th through 11th
- Our choir had a very successful Spring Concert last night, April 26th.
- Last Friday, the 20th, our FFA had their year-end banquet. This is a student-led banquet and our students do a fantastic job.
- The Bulldogger baseball team is in the midst of a 7-game winning streak and hosts Newkirk tonight, April 27th, at 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. for District playoffs.
- Our boys and girls track teams have had wildly successful years thus far and compete tomorrow, the 28th, at Catoosa in Regionals.
- The boys golf team has had several successful tournaments, including 1st at the Nowata Invitational, 2nd at the Vinita Invational, and 4th at the Regional Qualifier putting them into the Regional Tournament. Triston Brown was also the individual champ at Vinita.
- Congrats to our March Students of the Month! Freshmen: Michel Caswell & Jolena Myers - Sophomores: Noah Opela & Alexis Truitt - Juniors: Caleb Atchison & Janie Adams - Seniors: Tanner Sykes & Terri Reed.
- Mrs. Thoreson and two of our Key Club members, Jolena Myers and Ellen Stark, recently attended District Convention in Dallas.
- Senior Karissa Jones recently signed to run track at Pittsburg State University.
May is a super busy month of school. In an effort to keep you up to date on the various events, we've added a Spring Calendar At--A-Glance to our Announcements link located on the High School page of the school website. I would like to mention that on May 14th we will be having our Awards Assembly at 9:30 a.m. in the High School Auditorium. The assembly will be preceded by our new tradition of a "Senior Walk" through the Elementary in their cap & gowns. This is a neat event for our kids & awesome to see the faces of the Elementary students when they see the Seniors. Another item to put on your calendars is Semester Finals. These will be May 17th & May 18th. We plan to have notices in regards to students qualifying for Semester Test exemptions sent out by May 14th.
Lastly, a reminder that the last day of school is May 18th with graduation that evening, 8:00 p.m. at Bulldogger Stadium.